The person in this position reports to the Director of Physical Plant and is responsible for the following:
1. Custodial Services – Management of Custodial Services supervisors and custodial staff; procurement and management of a $1.3 million Custodial Services contract; procurement and inventory management of Custodial Services supplies and equipment; inspection of facilities for compliance with target APPA standards and reporting to the Director of Physical Plant monthly; assigning and insuring timely completion of incoming Custodial Services service requests; procurement and management of annual exterior pressure washing and window washing contracts along with other small annual custodial blanket contracts as assigned by the Director of Physical Plant.
2. General Building Maintenance – Management of General Building Maintenance supervisor and maintenance staff; procurement and inventory management of maintenance supplies and equipment; assigning and insuring timely completion of incoming General Building Maintenance service requests; develop scope, bid, award and manage one time small renovation projects as assigned by the Director of Physical Plant; oversight of small general building projects that are performed by the General Building Maintenance staff; procurement and management of annual painting contract and other small blanket contracts as assigned by the Director of Physical Plant.
3. Waste Stream Management – Work with various department heads and GTCC Purchasing Department to develop scope, bid and manage annual contracts with outside vendors to provide services for collection and disposal/recycling of the following types of wastes generated by the college: general trash, cardboard, paper, plastic, hazardous chemicals, petroleum products, tires, batteries, scrap metal, fluorescent ballasts and tubes, electronic waste, medical/biological waste, food waste, secure document shredding. Develop and manage a comprehensive plan for handling the college’s waste stream to the most safe and economical manner possible for the college.
4. Event Setup/Teardown – Obtain requirements for scheduled college events from the GTCC events scheduler and coordinate event setup/teardown and cleanup needs between all involved departments including, but not limited to, Custodial Services, General Building Maintenance, HVAC/Electrical Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance and Information Technologies Services; manage annual contract with temporary labor service for furniture setup/teardown personnel.
5. Surplus Furniture and Equipment Management – Management of General Maintenance staff; oversight of routine furniture and equipment moves performed by General Maintenance staff; management of storage, inventory and sales of surplus furniture, equipment and vehicles performed by General Maintenance staff; assigning and insuring timely completion of furniture/equipment move service requests; procurement and management of annual third party off site storage warehousing contract and other small blanket contracts as assigned by the Director of Physical Plant.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Industrial Technology, or related field. Equivalent experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience will be considered.
· National Executive Housekeeping Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· Minimum 5 years of experience in supervising building maintenance services for educational (preferred) or commercial facilities greater than 500,000 square feet. At a minimum this will include experience in the operations and supervision of custodial, building maintenance and waste management services. Additional experience in event management is also preferred. All candidates must have a minimum of 3 years’ senior supervisory experience with building maintenance operations.
· Ability to read and interpret construction blue prints and specifications.
· Ability to read and interpret regulations such as safety rules, OSHA related issues and procedure manuals.
· Proven experience in the oversight and management of service contracts of $500,000 in annual value or more and small (less than $500,000 in value) construction contracts.
· Proven budget responsibility experience for all budgets commensurate with the areas of past operational responsibility.
· Experience in waste stream management preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, good computer skills, excellent customer service skills.
· Effective team member, ability to work different shifts and campus locations as required.
· Flexible and able to adapt to changing work environment.
· Able to work with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated professionalism in providing exemplary quality and quantity of work.
· Ability to work any and all shifts, campuses or workdays.
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community ...colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.