The Maintenance Technician, under the supervision of the Building Services Manager, is responsible for the building maintenance, repair and general upkeep of Dean Facilities.
1. Assist with keeping clinic grounds free of trash and other debris.
2. Assist with the removal of snow and maintain clear and safe walks, with the use of snow blower, shovel, sweeper and salt spreader.
3. Move furniture and equipment as necessary.
4. Complete work orders in a timely manner and assist with general building maintenance. Perform preventative maintenance tasks and continually update the program to coincide with changes or additions to the clinic and the mechanics contained within.
5. Perform rough and finish carpentry work including ability to frame, finish walls, assemble and install all types of cabinetry and counters, install door jambs and hang doors, install various types of tile and vinyl flooring as necessary.
6. Demonstrate basic plumbing skills by performing repairs on and be able to replace faucets, sinks, toilets, various piping systems including copper and PVC lines as necessary.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of electricity to diagnose and repair or replace outlets, switches, light fixtures, circuit breakers, motors and other basic electrical components as necessary.
8. Demonstrate an understanding of HVAC systems and components by properly diagnosing and repairing a wide variety of equipment including rooftop units, boilers, forced air systems, hot and chilled water systems, electric reheats and VAV systems as necessary.
9. Work with outside contractors in order to bid projects and complete repair requests as needed.
10. Provide support to Outreach and DMG sites.
11. Participate in rotating "on call" program.
1. High school diploma or equivalent, with one year of additional training and/or schooling.
2. 1-3 years of previous experience in a customer service environment, also experience in the use of various hand and power tools.
3. Valid driver's license with driving record consistent with fleet safety policy.
4. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
1. Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
2. Knowledge and previous work experience with a personal computer.
3. Knowledge of building fire panel operations, monitoring and testing.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to work primarily first shift with On-Call rotation.
2. Ability to stand or walk continuously while performing tasks.
3. Ability to safety lift and to push/pull boxes, equipment and other maintenance related objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
4. Ability to frequently work from / on ladders, scaffolds and roofs. Employee frequently ascends/descends stairs.
5. Ability to frequently perform fine motor tasks with hands, such as electrical wiring or working with wrenches, drills, saws and other maintenance related tools.
6. Ability to work for extended periods in awkward positions while repairing/servicing equipment.
7. Ability to repetitively bend/twist and kneel/crouch.
8. Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions.
9. Ability to work within confined space.
10. Ability to safely operate a company and personal motor vehicle and comply with the Company's Vehicle Safety Program.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your fa...mily and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same