Reporting to the Building Services Manager, the Building Services Supervisor is responsible for coordinating/assigning and supervising the activities of assigned sites and associated maintenance staff. Conducts periodic inspections to insure the clinics are maintained in a high standard of care. Supports activities of the Project Manager, Environmental and Security Services Departments.
1. Promote a positive work environment which encourages knowledge and skill development.
2. Schedule and coordinate the services and activities of maintenance personnel.
3. Conduct periodic team meetings with assigned staff to discuss problems and formulate solutions.
4. Conduct annual performance evaluations and provides constructive feedback. Provides ongoing employee training and development.
5. Work with the Building Services Manager, providing regular updates on projects, staff issues and performance related matters, budgets, expenses and work order completion for assigned areas.
6. Prepare and monitor work schedules for assigned staff. Coordinate fill-in needs and assure sites are covered when regularly assigned staff are absent. Conduct orientation and on-the-job training for assigned staff.
7. Perform regular tours/inspections of assigned sites to ensure high standards of care and address deficiencies with associated maintenance staff.
8. Check a variety of equipment and perform periodic maintenance. Repair and/or replace worn and defective parts and equipment within the level of competence.
9. Carry out yearly, monthly and weekly plans for all aspects of preventive maintenance on the HVAC, electrical, plumbing, furniture, floor coverings, walls, ceilings, clinic grounds and assigned vehicles.
10. Approve and process invoices for work performed and services provided at assigned sites.
11. Work with the Building Services Manager to create and manage the operating budget for assigned sites.
12. May oversee and/or assist the Project Manager with successful completion of construction related activities.
13. With the aid of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) program, maintains a record of all work accomplished by each employee and maintain proper worker-to-workload ratio to insure adequate coverage of all assigned facilities.
14. Utilize the CMMS reporting library to provide information related to work performed by assigned staff.
15. Insure compliance of all company policies.
16. Insure compliance with various local, state and federal building codes and safety laws.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience or HS with 2 years of schooling/training and 3-5 years of relevant experience or HS with 1 year of additional schooling/training and 7-9 years of relevant experience.
2. Two years of experience working with and maintaining mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems and equipment.
3. Ability to organize and maintain records relating to building inspections, certificates of operation for items like boilers, elevators, chillers, staff records, and projects.
4. Knowledge of and ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs in daily work activities.
5. Must be able to supervise subordinates to maintain timely completion of all work orders and work effectively and deal professionally with patients, providers, staff, and others within the clinic environment.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
8. Have skill in operation of related equipment and hand/power tools
9. Valid driver's license with driving record consistent with fleet safety policy expectations
10. Experience with vendors and contractors
11. Ability to read and understand technical manuals and drawings related to the operation and maintenance of assigned facilities
12. Knowledge of local, state and federal building standards and codes
13. Extensive knowledge in plumbing, electrical, carpentry and HVAC trades
14. Sound knowledge of Building Control Systems, fire detection, security and alarm systems.
1. Prior experience in a hospital or clinic maintenance department.
2. Two years of post-high school education.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your fa...mily and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same