Responsible for managing all buildings, grounds and equipment maintenance operations for Dean Medical Group, and supporting the building needs of all Dean Medical Group properties.
1. Coordinating maintenance and remodeling activities with outside vendors/contractors and various departments within the Medical Group; and inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints and other specifications.
2. Provides leadership and mentoring of staff which would include recruitment, orientation/training, performance feedback and discipline. Sets staffing, direction and objectives for those focused on supporting facilities management.
3. Monitoring and maintaining records of employees' work hours, overtime, earned time, vacation, and sick time performance, and related information; authorizing time worked and time off and leave of absence requests.
4. Attending and participating in meetings representing the interest of DMG and the Building Services Department.
5. Plans and directs maintenance operations and work projects; develops cost estimates; consults with engineers, contractors, and Real Estate Administrator, regarding remodeling, maintenance, and preventative maintenance repair projects.
6. Inspects buildings, equipment and grounds to determine conditions and to ensure compliance with state and local regulations and specifications; and surveys for needed repairs and security needs.
7. Reviews work orders; prepares cost estimates on projects; coordinates work schedule with affected departments.
8. Maintains complete record of activities (e.g., requisitions, materials and equipment used, personnel, time to completion, etc.).
9. Provides safety instruction for Building Services staff.
10. Prepares and monitors maintenance and remodeling budgets; maintains fiscal records.
11. Maintains and monitors use and needed repairs for all department vehicles. Monitors mileage and appropriate use of gas cards.
12. Implements and maintains an aggressive preventative maintenance program, as well as an energy conservation program.
13. Develops and implements ongoing maintenance and security programs.
14. Maintains inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies; works with purchasing department in specifying products and recommending purchases of new equipment.
15. Review and evaluates new products, tools, equipment and methods; plans and implements improved procedures.
16. Increases performance ratings and customer satisfaction with the building services department.
17. Ensures compliance with OSHA Standards.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree with 3 or more years of management experience OR and Associate degree with 7 years of relevant experience OR a high school graduate with one year of additional schooling and/or training and a minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in a skilled trade area, preferably carpentry, electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
2. Previous experience in managing staff.
3. Previous experience in managing a minimum of 20 staff people.
4. Have skills in supervising, interviewing, evaluating, discipline, and training employees, planning and directing work activities, managing time effectively, setting priorities, and proven critical thinking and problem solving abilities, including resolving complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
5. Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Have skill in operation of related equipment and hand/power tools (e.g., tractor, snowplow, moving equipment, etc.)
7. Must have the ability to coordinate and monitor several projects simultaneously, to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
8. Ability to prepare time and material estimates, as well as maintaining accurate records.
9. Ability to Interpret and apply blueprints and schematic diagrams.
10. Ability to operate computer for data entry/retrieval with Microsoft Office Suite experience.
11. Demonstrated ability to evaluate new products, tools, equipment and methods and determine their feasibility.
12. Able to demonstrate physical dexterity and lift 100 pounds.
13. Experience with budgeting, inventory control, building and safety codes.
14. Thorough knowledge of mechanical systems including HVAC, electrical and plumbing, building systems and components, building automation systems/DDC control systems, safety practices, custodial operations.
15. Valid Wisconsin drivers license with a safe driving record.
1. Previous experience working in a health care setting.
2. Previous experience working with agencies such as OSHA, NFPA, JCAHO, and AAAHC
3. Certified Plant Engineer, Certified Engineering Manager, Certified Facilities Management, or Facility Management Professional designation.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to work primarily first shift with availability during other times.
2. Ability to sit for extended periods while performing tasks.
3. Ability to verbally communicate in person and over the phone.
4. Ability to safely lift and to push/pull boxes, equipment and other maintenance or office related objects weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
5. Employee frequently ascends/descends stairs. Ability to occasionally work from/ on/ ladders, scaffolds and roofs.
6. Ability to frequently perform fine motor tasks with hands, such as on the computer or occasionally while working with wrenches, drills and other maintenance related tools.
7. Ability to work for extended periods in awkward positions while repairing/servicing equipment.
8. Ability to occasionally work outside in adverse weather conditions, such as when assisting with snow removal tasks.
9. Ability to safely operate a personal motor vehicle and comply with the Company's Vehicle Safety Program.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Internal Number: 17012354
About SSM Health
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your family and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same