PwC/LOS Overview PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready - to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
Job Description Exciting opportunities await you as a member of PwC's Americas Region IT team. Our team of technology professionals provides internal technology services and solutions that transform and achieve PwC's mission of becoming the leading technology-enabled professional services network. We enable PwC to achieve its goals by driving innovation, enhancing digital capabilities and integrating technologies to create competitive business advantages for PwC and our clients.
Data Center Services provides maintenance and support of production environment and operations of our data centers, including; support, maintenance, capacity management, data storage refreshment and recovery infrastructure services to meet needs of the operating data centers.
The Georgia Data Center provides operations and maintenance support for operations of the firm's Data Centers.
This includes: racking and cabling of enterprise hardware; day to day operational support, and maintenance of the environmental infrastructure, including electrical, mechanical, and fire protection; capacity management of IT and environmental infrastructure; as well as management of vendors and contracts to support Data Center operations including security, hardware maintenance and environmental systems.
Position/Program Requirements Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 1 year in Information Technology roles.
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree in IT or Engineering.
Certification(s) Preferred: RCDD and BICSI.
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in roles performing within Data Center Facilities Systems, emphasizing the installing, configuring, and operating one or more of the following technologies:
- High availability of HVAC systems including CRAH units, chillers and large chilled water systems;
- BMS (Building Management System) controls in a 24x7x365 environment;
- High availability power systems including, generators, UPS systems, PDU units and RPPs;
- EPMS (Electrical Power Management System) controls in a 24x7x365 environment;
- Data Center Fire Life Safety including Fire Protection and Fire Detection (ASSD Systems) including Dual Interlock Pre-action systems;
- Structured cabling systems including, category 5/6 wiring, single mode/multimode Fiber Optics, Data Center Space planning and Capacity Management including copper and fiber testing and labeling, and quality of structured cable lacing and cable management;
- Card access based security systems including IP camera based systems;
- Enterprise hardware systems and troubleshooting, including SUN servers and HP Proliant;
- Vendor management, including multiple vendors and projects;
- Standard project management methodologies;
-Scheduling and resource allocation;
- Asset management, including receiving and validating hardware and hardware components; and,
- ITIL process and ITIL methodologies including change management and service management.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success performing information technology-related functions within a Data Center Facilities System, emphasizing the following areas:
- IP networking, cable infrastructure, switches, routers and firewalls;
- IP networking, cable infrastructure, switches, routers at the physical layer;
- Scripting Skills, MS XP, Vista and other office products;
- Testing cable infrastructure fibers and copper OTDR, Fluke, and RCDD; and,
- Project Management, including large complex IT or Infrastructure efforts required to add capacity or refresh existing infrastructure.
BS in Electrical Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering Preferred 2+ years Data Center experience in working with large scale electrical systems or large scale mechanical systems 2+ years managing Data Center EPMS systems or 2+ years managing Data Center BMS systems General understanding of Electrical Engineering theory or Mechanical Engineering theory and application of that in a Data Center environment Perform Facilities environmental maintenance on all Electrical systems and their components or all mechanical systems and their components Look to maximize Electrical and or Mechanical PUE Monitor and maintain all Environmental systems in the Data Center Perform and publish monthly metrics on key Electrical systems components or key Mechanical systems components Overseeing the installation and commissioning of new pieces of electrical equipment or mechanical equipment Develop comprehensive SOP Database of all electrical or mechanical systems Data Center Facilities team member including on-call rotation
Internal Number: 104761BR
PwC provides industry-focused Assurance, Tax, and business consulting services to build public trust and enhance value for our clients and our stakeholders. More than 208,000 people in 157 countries across our network share their thinking, experience, and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice.