Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) knows what it takes to lead, inspire and succeed. One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, UHS owns and operates through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
UHS built an impressive record of achievement and performance, steadily growing from a startup company with zero revenue into a Fortune 500 corporation with annual revenue that exceeds $9 billion. The company's operating philosophy has proven to be effective: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, then invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive and become a dominant healthcare provider in its community.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS ranks on the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations with over 74,000 employees, and is consistently listed among Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" and one of the 30 Most Meaningful Companies To Work For in America by Business Insider.
Millwood Hospital is a 128-bed hospital that offers a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient medical services. The Facility Operations Technician performs a variety of tasks, including painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, test and inspections of physical plant equipment, preventive maintenance and various janitorial duties with minimal supervision.
1. Perform all tasks such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, preventive maintenance, HVAC and tests and inspections of the physical plant.
a. Clean and change air filters as required through the Preventive Maintenance Program.
b. Clean kitchen grease traps and stove hood filters.
c. Dispose of infectious/contaminated waste from the facility.
d. Maintain facility grounds in a neat and attractive appearance.
e. Operate and maintain emergency power plant.
f. Maintain all light fixtures in good working condition and change light bulbs as needed.
g. Perform preventive maintenance electrical test as well as the removal, installation and repair of all mechanical/electrical equipment with direct supervision of a supervisor.
2. Perform various janitorial duties.
3. Responsible for keeping tools and materials in good condition and in their proper location.
4. Responsible for taking necessary safety precautions when handling hand/power tools and equipment.
5. Take appropriate precautions ensuring proper lock out and tag out procedures are done when working on equipment.
6. Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations, and Safety/Risk Management Plans, policies and procedures.
7. Assist in assuring a safe and risk preventive environment.
8. Use time constructively and in an organized manner.
9. Adhere to facility, department, corporate, personnel and standard policies and procedures.
10. Attend all mandatory facility in-services and staff development activities as scheduled.
11. Adhere to facility standards concerning conduct, dress, attendance and punctuality.
12. Support facility-wide quality/performance improvement goals and objectives.
13. Maintain confidentiality of facility employees and patient information.