Position Status: Classified; Level 12; Full-time; Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $2,245 to $2,293 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This is an Open applicant pool for several upcoming positions. Successful applicants who pass screening and interview will be offered positions as they become available.
Various shifts and locations will be available throughout the district. Early Shift - 4 am to 12:30 pm Swing Shift - 1:30 pm to 10 pm
Under the direction of facilities service management, performs assigned cleaning and maintenance tasks in college buildings. Uses a variety of equipment and supplies to maintain a clean and safe environment. Work results impact the accuracy, reliability and accept ability of further results beyond the immediate work section. Incumbent's services impact others who make a broader contribution to the final service provided the customer. Job requires ordinary verbal skills to exchange routine information. Responsible for performing journey-level work output on an independent basis subject to supervisory direction and review.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Paid Leave: Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service) 8 hours of Sick Leave per month 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: 1. Performs regular cleaning of floors, walls, counters, windows, chalkboards, building exteriors, skylights and other surfaces, according to established standards.
2. Performs periodic maintenance of hard surface floors and carpeted floors.
3. Fills paper product dispensers in restrooms and other designated areas.
4. Empties and cleans trash receptacles, pencil sharpeners, ash cans and recycling containers.
5. Adheres to security procedures in opening and locking facilities and arming and disarming intrusion alarms.
6. Reports problems and deficiencies in facilities and maintenance equipment and maintenance equipment to supervisor, including any safety issues.
7. Replaces light bulbs and diffusers in fixtures.
8. Cleans all HVAC grills, diffusers and air intakes. Monitors boilers, HVAC and swimming pool operations.
9. Uses industrial vacuum cleaners, buffers, extractors, auto scrubbers, shampooers and other assigned equipment. Performs routine preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
10. Resolves problems such as plugged toilets, sinks, floor drains and roof drains. Performs preventative maintenance on
drains, traps and water filters.
11. Stores tools, equipment and supplies in designated areas after use.
12. Cleans spills as needed, including body fluids.
13. Cleans, straightens and does minor maintenance on general purpose classroom furniture.
14. Sets up chairs and tables for special events.
15. Cleans and disinfects all fixtures and surfaces in restrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities, as well as all drinking fountains.
16. Responds immediately during shift hours to requests by campus staff or administration for any emergency which may require minor maintenance.
17. Operates fork lift and college vehicles, as designated.
18. Performs outdoor duties during inclement weather, i.e., snow removal, sanding and de-icing.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
At the end of the application process you will be asked a series of questions to ensure that you meet all of the following MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of six months experience working as a custodian is required.
- Must have basic computer skills and understanding of basic operations and software applications such as e-mail. - Knowledge of floor scrubbing machines, carpet shampooing equipment and high speed floor polishing equipment is required. - Knowledge of the use of cleaning agents which includes solvents, disinfectants, detergents and polishing agents required. - Knowledge of standard custodial practices, procedures and techniques.
Work environment includes areas inside and outside the assigned campus buildings and may include working in high places. Exposure to dirt, dust and cleaning materials. Work will require periodic use of respirators. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Learned physical skill is required to perform custodial and maintenance tasks. Job requires capacity for sustained physical effort, moderate strength and agility.
- Applicants selected for jobs will be required to complete a successful criminal records check. - Applicants selected for jobs will be required to complete a physical examination in order to evaluate ability to perform job requirements.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit: 1. Completed online application
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment. - Effective January 1, 2014, all applicants hired by the college will be required to reimburse PCC for the cost of their criminal background check, through payroll deduction.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Portland Community College is a dynamic multi-campus district with a reputation for innovation and excellence in the Pacific Northwest, and nationally. As part of our recruitment process we are actively seeking applicants who will bring diversity to our faculty, staff and administrative ranks. PCC is made up of three comprehensive campuses and more than 100 centers provide lower-division college t...ransfer courses, two-year associate degree programs, professional and technical career training programs, adult basic education, and non-credit courses. Our diverse student population numbers almost 90,000 students from all parts of the Portland metropolitan area. PCC works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning.Over 4000 full time and part time faculty, academic professional, classified, management and confidential staff are employed by the College. PCC's mission is to "provide quality education in an atmosphere that encourages the full realization of each individual's potential." To realize that goal, the college works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning. PCC is an AA/EEO institution. For more information visit http://www.pcc.edu/about/