Under direct supervision, assists with the maintenance and repairs. Duties typically involve a general knowledge of carpentry, painting, general maintenance, plumbing, exterior maintenance and scheduled moves and event set up. Assists other shops as needed.
1. Assists with skilled trades in general maintenance duties including; setups, new installations, repairs and cleanup.
2. May assist other specialized crafts in larger, more complex projects.
3. Assists with taking inventory and ordering supplies.
4. Notifies appropriate supervisor of potential safety issues and when supplies and materials need to be replenished.
5. May be considered essential personnel and may be assigned to serve on special task force during periods of emergency.
6. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow oral and/or basic written instructions as might normally be acquired through High School graduation or equivalent (GED).
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Certification/Licensing: May require working toward fulfillment of first year apprenticeship requirements as outlined in a U.S. Department of Labor registered apprenticeship program.
Will require a valid Texas Driver License.
Additional Posting Information:
The University of Houston is a Tobacco free campus.
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.