Girard Engineering (www.girard.com) is one of the most sought-after mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering firms in the greater metropolitan Washington, D.C. area. We are located in Fairfax County, Virginia, which boasts an exceptional school system, a rich cultural environment, and numerous institutions for higher education. Our 32-person firm includes 12 PE’s, 4 CPD’s, 7 LEED accredited professionals, and a vast level of experience, allowing us to pursue the area’s more complex projects with confidence. Of our most recent LEED certified projects, two have achieved LEED Platinum status and have been recognized with awards by the National Capital Region of the USGBC. We currently have an opportunity available in our plumbing department for a qualified and motivated professional wishing to work on some of the DC Metro area’s most exciting new projects. Our projects currently include commercial office buildings, high-rise mixed-use projects, hotels, and government projects, among others.
Performs assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, as follows:
• Evaluate 3-dimensional space requirements for plumbing systems and coordinate with designs of other disciplines
• Assist in the preparation of plans and specifications
• Solve complex project problems
• Perform project design calculations and system sizing
• Lay out domestic water, sanitary, storm and vent systems
• Work under project management supervision through the design process
• Properly apply requirements of the International Plumbing Code to each project • Lay out, size and specify fire protection system components
• Work well in a team environment
Minimum Qualifications • 6-8 years of plumbing design experience • AutoCAD and REVIT proficiency required. • Certification in Plumbing Design (CPD) preferred; PE registration optional
Additional Salary Information: Girard Engineering offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid overtime and semi-annual bonuses, professional development, paid vacation and personal leave, health and wellness insurance and 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Girard Engineering makes it our business to create building environments that are comfortable‚ safe‚ and energy-efficient.
Founded in 1978‚ Girard Engineering is a 32-person firm headquartered in the Washington‚ DC Metropolitan area‚ providing comprehensive mechanical and electrical engineering services for commercial‚ multi-family residential‚ educational‚ and government projects.
We are dedica...ted to providing you with the solutions you need to be successful. We measure our success by yours: when you achieve your mission‚ we have achieved ours.