Directs the administration and operations for Facilities Maintenance.
1. Directs the daily operations of facilities maintenance, which includes carpentry, plumbing, electrical, elevator maintenance and key control as well as manages supervisory staff and oversees the hiring, training, evaluation and discipline of all facilities maintenance personnel.
2. Inspects work sites, facilities and buildings to ensure work is progressing as scheduled and meets established quality standards and provides inspection services for in-progress and final acceptance of construction on campus.
3. Prepares cost estimates for in-house facilities maintenance projects and coordinates facilities maintenance projects with Planning and Construction to facilitate future construction projects.
4. Reviews specifications and drawings to ensure that construction is consistent with University standards.
5. Oversees the development of operational procedures and ensures compliance by facilities maintenance personnel with university policies and procedures.
6. Manages an annual budget. Ensures that operations are performed with the assigned budget and that any required deviations are brought forward for funding consideration.
7. Directs the development and efficient performance of preventative maintenance and quality assurance programs.
8. Collect data and establish metrics to measure performance and track trends to improve performance which includes evaluating work load needs using CMMS system data and determining the appropriate FTE numbers to accomplish work in a timely manner.
9. Oversees and manages assigned maintenance contracts. Initiates contracts as needed in collaboration with supervisor to accomplish work.
10. Provides input for Service Level Agreements. Monitors performance and billing of reimbursable services.
11. Ensures that high levels of customer service in communication and responsiveness are maintained.
12. Acts as the Facilities Services Emergency Management point of contact for coordination, preparation and response to contingency situations.
13. Oversees the procurement and inventory control of materials, tools, supplies and equipment.
14. Establishes and maintains a priority system for emergency responses.
15. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Requires a four year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
The University of Houston is a Tobacco free campus.
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.