Purpose: The Foreman will manage and oversee the field portion of the installation plumbing systems for multifamily and mixed use projects while working with MMCE employees and our customer, as well as the other subcontractors and sub–tier subcontractors on the project. Utilizing a strong knowledge of the required codes, the systems we are installing, the contract documents, the foreman will work to foster an atmosphere of accuracy, credibility and teamwork in the field. The role is key to maintaining customer relationships in securing future business as well as growing and mentoring the next of foremen.
Scope: The Foreman will initially report to the Operations Manager and will support the team to achieve MMCE targets ensuring internal processes are being followed while supporting members operations’ team.
• Review contract scope, drawings, shop drawings, and schedule to insure consistency with the work installed in a proficient manner. Where necessary, work with the Project Manager to provide RFIs and PCOs.
• Provide complete and accurate material take offs in a manner that allows for time for vendors to provide a complete delivery.
• Provide an accurate rough-in layout for underground & top out installation. Special emphasis on ADA and Fair Housing requirements.
• Participate in weekly subcontractor meetings to coordinate the work and communicate concerns regarding the project schedule and completion of the work.
• Coordinate material deliveries with contractor and MMCE purchasing specialist.
• Schedule, walk, and address concerns of required inspections.
• Manage company owned and rental equipment to maintain safety, schedule maintenance, mitigate theft, prolong the use, and eliminate unused rentals.
• Communicate and document requests or directions to do work above and beyond scope of work.
• Provide daily reports documenting manpower, areas worked on, and challenges caused by other subs, the contractor, or information from the owner’s consultants.
• Turn in sub draws to PM for payment of the work completed each Friday as described in the subcontractor agreement.
• Utilize clock in software to check in and check out MMCE employees daily.
• Work with Project Manager to create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
• Work with Project Manager to develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
• Review the project schedule with management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
• Execute the project according to the project plan
• Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project within the specified time-frame and budget
• Participate in hand-off meetings with Project Manager reviewing blueprints, specifications, materials, equipment, budgets, schedules and manpower.
• Foreman is to remain accountable to keep job sites clean, clear, and safe of debris.
Skills & Requirements
Capable of reading blueprints and specs
Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Must have 4 years of plumbing experience
Must have good communication skills – written & verbal
Must have 2-4 years’ experience in field management – preferably in plumbing industry
Desired Personal Qualifications
Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
Desire to learn and grow: MMCE will provide ongoing opportunities for training certifications in regard to code changes, safety, and material installations.
Miller Mechanical Contractors & Engineers, LLC is working hard to be the premier plumbing contracting company in the Southeastern United States. Our reputation is based on the excellence of our work, integrity, reliability and respect of our partners.
Miller Mechanical Contractors & Engineers is involved in more parts of the construction process than any of the other subcontractors on our proj...ects. From the initial work with the concrete sub and utility company for underground plumbing, through the framing process for our rough in, and the last stages of fixture and punch, we know that we have an opportunity to set the pace for the job. We work not just to keep up, but when appropriate we want to push the job forward.
Miller Mechanical Contractors & Engineers has the experience, expert knowledge and determination to deliver your projects DONE RIGHT, ON-TIME and IN BUDGET!