The Maintenance Staff are part of the Housing Management Services (HMS) division of Archdiocesan Housing Inc. The Maintenance Staff are responsible for maintaining the Archdiocesan Housing properties in accordance with HMS and governmental standards and assure building safety, and comfort for residents and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete work orders and perform preventative maintenance in an acceptable and timely manner. Perform minor plumbing repairs such as clearing plumbing stoppages, replacing faucets and piping, repairing drains. Completing minor electrical repairs, such as replacing switches, outlets, bulbs and wiring, installing or repairing light fixtures; performing minor tasks in woodworking, such as frame repair, door and lock repair and installation; and HVAC maintenance in order to keep the building in good, working condition.
- Performs emergency repairs as needed. Continual awareness and repair of liability issues is essential.
- Maintain common areas, grounds and parking lot by removing snow, trimming shrubs, cutting grass, raking leaves, weeding, fixing fences, changing dumpsters, maintaining the sprinkler system and repairing playground equipment in compliance with fire codes, insurance standards and local codes.
- May specialize in an area of maintenance such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, etc.
- Prepare vacated apartments for tenancy by painting, repairing/replacing appliances, patching walls, installing blinds, shampooing carpeting and replacing screens with HMS standards.
- Required documentation to include work orders, inventory of supplies, tools and equipment. Assists in inspections, maintaining supplies, and development and implementation of a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Serve as the contact person with outside vendors to ensure that all building systems are maintained in good working condition.
- Perform all work in a timely and professional manner in order to provide optimal service for the residents and staff. Maintain work area in neat and orderly condition.
- Secure and maintain all tools and equipment. Employee must provide basic hand tools such as hammer, screwdrivers and wrenches; HMS will provide specialty tools with the approval of the Site Manager.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate effectively as a member of the on-site team; attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and trainings in order to stay current with building needs and safety procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the Site Manager to assure property is safe, attractive, well maintained and comfortable for residents and staff.
- Maintain compliance and documentation with OSHA, HUD and HMS standards.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of maintenance supplies.
- Attend meetings as directed to stay current with organization projects.
- Assists with general office work and special team projects.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.