Job Summary/Basic Function: Lamar University, a public university, member of the Texas State University System, is seeking outstanding faculty for two tenure-track positions at the Assistant/ Associate Professor level in the Reese Construction Management Program, beginning in Spring 2019 or Fall 2019. A Spring 2019 appointment is preferred if the timing is appropriate both to the candidate and to Lamar University. Duties include:
* Provide academic and laboratory instructions;
* Participate in scholarly and academic activities; and
* Contribute to the University's and Program's service mission.
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate must have an earned doctorate in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a closely related field. ABD candidates must provide documented evidence of dissertation defense and completion of study before hiring. Candidates with Ph.D. conferred at the time of initial appointment will hold the rank of Assistant Professor upon initial appointment. Candidates must have proven teaching capabilities, commitment to research, excellent communication skills, ability to work effectively in teams, undergraduate education and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to applicants with any the following qualifications:
* Evidence of successful teaching at the levels of undergraduate and graduate in both traditional and online class environment;
* Demonstrated potential or ability to develop an active research program and secure external funding;
* Three or more years of professional experience in the construction industry;
* Capability to teach in at least three of the following areas: Surveying, Industrial Construction, Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing Systems, Construction Graphics/BIM, Cost Estimating/Control, Construction Material/Methods, Safety, Structural Behavior; Legal Issues in Construction.
Security Sensitive Statement: This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 10/16/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: Review of application will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit: letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research interests and plan, and three letters of reference to Dr. Seokyon Hwang, interim Director and Associate Professor, Reese Construction Management Program, c/o Human Resources, PO Box 11127, Beaumont, TX 77710.
For additional information about the Reese Construction Management Department at LU, please visit our website: http://lamar.edu/construction.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Home to more than 14,000 students, Lamar University is one of the fastest growing universities in Texas and is a member of The Texas State University System. LU offers more than 100 programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The 270-acre campus in Beaumont is about 90 miles east of Houston and about 25 miles west of Louisiana