The Plumber will perform journey-level work which includes installing, maintaining, and repairing gas, steam, plumbing and relaxed fixtures, pipes, and fittings in structures and perform any other work related to the plumbing system.
Minimum Qualifications: Five (5) years of experience as a plumber OR completion of a four (4) year apprenticeship in the plumbing trade with one (1) year of experience as a journey-level plumber.
Additional Salary Information: Generous Benefits
Internal Number: 18-9260-01
About Alameda County, General Services Agency
Alameda County GSA provides a host of centralized services including building maintenance, procurement and contract administration, capital project management, real property and portfolio management, sustainability services, energy management, environmental and hazardous materials management, transportation services, and other countywide support services.
GSA Administrative Services has a budget of $12,764,919 (81 FTEs) and consist of the following divisions and programs:
• Finance and Accounting provides support services for all GSA internal service and general fund departments.
• Procurement is responsible for procuring goods and services for all County agencies and departments, and assisting departments in a variety of ways, from preparing routine purchase orders and drafting contracts to conducting competitive bid solicitations.
• Information Systems develops, evaluates and maintains GSA’s Information Technology Systems as well as sourcing technical solutions and advising GSA leaders on technology to support GSA Roadmaps and Strategic Initiatives.
• Early Care and Education Program (ECE) oversees the County’s Early Learning Center, conducts child care feasibility studies ...in new, leased, or renovated County buildings; coordinates the ECE Planning Council; and analyzes public policy.
• Contract Compliance (OAP) bridges the local business community with GSA to develop economic growth in the small, local business community. OAP develops policies and procedures to create consistency in procurement practices for a seamless approach to provide one road map for the local business community.