Principal Test Facility Engineer-1900287 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Test Facility Engineer (1900287) – Wixom, MI
Where the Chemistry Happens
At ProCat, a wholly owned subsidiary of BASF, we age and test catalytic converters using various engine and vehicle procedures. Employees set up engines, dynamometers, and other equipment for engine-based catalyst aging and vehicle emission measuring equipment for EPA related chassis roll testing. Designing and validating new equipment and new tests occurs daily at ProCat to keep our company on the forefront of testing viability and responsiveness. As the Principal Test and Facility Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of all test planning, execution and validation activities. In addition, you will have project planning and management responsibilities resulting from to new capability and capacity investments.
This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of fuels, lubricants and heat transfer fluids used in engine testing and familiarity with welding, joining, and machine shop operations. Additionally, you will call upon your background in IC engine dynamometer testing and related test measurement systems.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
· Utilizing your experience with Emission testing and facilities, including working knowledge of heat transfer, fluids, mechanical systems modeling, industrial HVAC, refrigeration chillers, evaporative cooling tower systems, and their related controls, you will design, modify and adapt test cell systems to meet changing customer and product needs.
· Successfully engaging inside and outside the organization, you will work in collaboration with customers, test engineers, and support staff to interpret and translate testing needs into accurate test system and component designs.
· Your strong technical knowledge will serve you well as you specify, develop and design the facility utility interfaces for test cell mechanical equipment used to support ProCat testing.
· Optimizing the design/implementation of new test systems, you will work to maximize test efficiency and minimize energy consumption.
· Serving as a technical resource, you will contribute to the design, estimating, and scheduling of equipment installation projects. Additionally, you will interact with engineering and construction firms, and equipment suppliers in the design and implementation of new equipment installation projects.
· Using your working knowledge of industrial process piping systems, materials compatibility and fittings, you will work with contractors and team members during the installation, modification and commissioning of new mechanical equipment.
· Your keen attention to detail and experience using AUTOCAD to prepare mechanical system PID's and layouts will be essential as you assure the accurate completion of new or modified systems documentation and drawings.
· Your strong leadership and teamwork mindset will be a valued asset as you conduct training and safety reviews.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-MI-Wixom
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Internal Number: 549098
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.