Department: UPS Facilities Housing and Residential Life
Advertised Salary Range: $26,190
Advertised Job Summary:
The Maintenance Technician – HRL, performs skilled trades and custodial duties in the performance of repairs and maintenance of buildings Housing & Residential Life facilities. Provide training and supervision to temporary & student staff. Regularly inspect facilities and promptly address repair and custodial issues.
- Perform routine maintenance repairs (light bulbs, air-filters, paint, locks, doors, windows and other building components, air-condition adjustments minor electrical & plumbing repairs). Document action taken on work orders on computer in School Dude.
- Maintain and/or repair furniture, appliances and maintenance equipment. Replace air-conditioning filters. Schedule and monitor maintenance contractors. Document action taken on work orders on computer in School Dude.
- Remove trash from cans, trash rooms and common areas. Pick up trash on grounds in commons areas around trash cans. Refill soap, tissue and towel dispensers as needed in common areas. Vacuum carpets, dust and wet mop tile and hard surfaces. Dust and clean furniture (in common areas). Perform daily custodial inspections of all residential areas, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, and address any observed issues. Provide regular training and on-going supervision to temporary and student staff. Document action taken on work orders on computer in School Dude.
- Perform job functions during severe weather and after-hour emergencies as assigned by Facilities Management / HRL maintenance supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by Facilities Management / HRL Maintenance Supervisor.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
High school diploma and 3 years directly related trade experience.
Pre-employment drug screen is required. Good driving record, valid driver's license, and successful background check are required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 59137
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.