Building Optimization Engineer - The purpose of this position is to conduct performance management calls with facility teams and executive sponsors to discuss the findings of the analytics platform for single and multi-site locations under our building optimization services. This position also provides monthly performance reports and identifies cost avoidance opportunities to reduced energy and gain operational efficiencies.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
* Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients.
* Investigate and triage analytical anomalies and provide direction and resolution to remedy undesirable building conditions.
* Identifies and directs repair and maintenance work with respect to fault detection and diagnostics in concert with other internal CBRE|ESI teams as well as with direct clients.
* Provide coaching and training to clients in the use of the software and analytical tools.
* Ensure adherence to functional policies, processes and procedures.
* Responsible for the overall quality of the work of the functional team.
* Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients.
* Maintain positive and professional relationships with internal/external customers, subcontractors, vendors, and engineers.
* Keep the Building Optimization Manager informed of major developments.
* Identify opportunities to improve procedures, productivity and efficiency.
* Works in conjunction with the Operation Support Center on the execution of Building Optimization services.
* Creates data presentations including visualizations, tables, and written reports.
Required - Associate Degree or minimum five years' experience in HVAC controls and/or mechanical systems application and design. Accredited 4 or 5 year HVAC apprenticeship would also be acceptable. Preferred - Bachelor's Degree or minimum seven years' progressive experience in HVAC, networking and computer applications. Work Experience Required - Minimum of three years progressive experience in HVAC and automation system control and mechanical and automatic control application, or a minimum of four years' experience in a related technical field plus two years of experience in the trades and/or mechanical contracting field, or application programming and development Preferred - Five years progressive experience in HVAC, networking and computer applications Knowledge HVAC and Electrical knowledge Be trained and well versed with HVAC applications Must be able to read and understand HVAC/R and process mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the use, and operation of Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office Must be able to do basic troubleshooting Must be familiar with basic financial terms and concepts as they relate to contracts, proposals, and providing consultation to the customer Skills Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills Ability to interpret client expectations and translate that to a successful analysis deliverable Must exhibit a professional attitude Proven customer service background Ability to effectively present information Must maintain a clean and neat appearance Functions Must be willing to travel, including some overnight trips Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Niagara AX certified, preferred A valid driver's license with a good driving record for applicable vehicles, without restrictions, or limiting conditions. (Corrective lenses permitted)
Internal Number: 19022910
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.