At Pacific Ridge School, our mission statement drives allof our work: In a community that fostersacademic excellence, ethical responsibility and global engagement, PacificRidge School prepares students for college and a purposeful life.
The Facilities & Safety Manager will report to theDirector of Facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to, the following:
Security/Safety – Provide safety, protection and security for the PacificRidge School (PRS) student body, faculty, staff and visitors; both as an on-sitesafety personnel and as the manager of outsourced security personnel.
· Act as on-site security presence during schooldays Monday through Friday (shared responsibility with Director of Facilities)
· Manage contracted security company that providesphysical security for the campus, in addition to the oversight and managementof the fire, intrusion detection, video surveillance and access control systems
· Act as liaison with local police and firedepartments when on campus
· When on campus, provide first response tointruders, vandals or other unauthorized people
· Investigate and prepare reports on any criminalactivities committed on campus regarding theft or vandalism
· Assure that all visitors on campus followcorrect sign-in and identification policies
· Establish comprehensive Safety Committee acrossall departments and manage security and safety policies and procedures
· Assist Director of Facilities in any specialevents or projects as they relate to safety and security
Facilities – Provideoversight and coordination of all vehicle traffic on campus, as well as allpreventive maintenance, service and repairs to equipment, buildings, groundsand School vehicles (excluding Information Technology).
· Act as liaison with all facilities maintenancevendors; including but not limited to landscape, mechanical, janitorial,electrical, plumbing and elevator, as well as all regulatory agencies
· Possess a general understanding of facilitysystems and their operations in order to troubleshoot and determine whetherrepairs are to be performed in-house or outsourced
· Inspect campus on a daily basis, document requiredrepairs or alterations, make recommendations for repairs to Director ofFacilities, schedule and supervise implementation of repairs and/or alterations
· Assist Director of Facilities with estimating,design, vendor selection (outsourcing) and implementation of campusimprovements
· Design, supervise and implement traffic controlplans to include daily student drop-off and pick-up, special event parking andother school activities
· Assist the Head of School and Director ofFacilities regarding the implementation of emergency protocols to include, butare not limited to evacuation, lockdown and earthquake drills (as well asactual events)
· Assist the Director of Facilities on specialfacility projects as required
· Supervises the Facilities Assistant, as well asmanages outsourced Janitorial and Day Porter vendor and its employees
· Has direct oversight of maintenance on all schoolvehicles and utility carts. This includes periodic maintenance (outsourcedmechanic shop), repairs, maintaining proper fuel levels and detailing ofvehicles, as well as provide shuttle service on special events
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Degree from a technical/trade school and/orfive (5) or more years of experience in safety or facilities management
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience in supervisingemployees and/or vendors
· Proficiency in Computerized MaintenanceManagement System (CMMS) or Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software; experiencewith Facilities Management eXpress (FMX) preferred
· Excellent communications skills (oral/written)in English
· Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Visio,Outlook and PowerPoint
· First-Aid and CPR certified preferred
· Ability to maintain professionalism and tact withall levels of constituents (employees, students, vendors, etc.)
This position requires evenings and weekend hours.
Please send your resume and a cover letter with your salary requirements.
About Pacific Ridge School
Pacific Ridge School is a college preparatory co-educational independent school, offering a rich and challenging program to 560 students in grades 7-12. Pacific Ridge School opened in 2007; finished its permanent high school building in 2010, and its athletic center in 2012. We opened a permanent middle school/administration building and STEAM facility in 2015. Please visit our website at https://www.pacificridge.org/ for more information on our mission and programs.