The Service Representative reports to the Property Manager and works to prepare recently vacated apartments for market readiness and availability to rent to another tenant. The Service Representative also may respond to service work orders, perform painting and pressure washing duties, grounds keeping, and less technical tasks or to assist a Service Technician in the performance of his/her duties.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values.Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives “make ready” assignment; gathers all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies needed to make an apartment unit available to rent.
• Checks caulking and applies where needed.
• Evaluates carpet and vinyl flooring for condition; shampoos carpet/vinyl, or replaces carpet/vinyl if needed.
• Checks air conditioning unit, heating unit, water heater, and all appliances; makes minor repairs if needed; contacts Service Technician for more extensive repairs or replacements.
• Repairs or replaces baseboards or trim as needed.
• Polishes and varnishes cabinets and other woodwork as needed.
• Checks all doors and windows and re-keys all locks.
• Repairs holes in walls and performs painting duties as needed.
• Responds to service work orders to make less technical repairs or replacements; assists maintenance staff as needed.
• Performs pool maintenance and landscape duties as needed, including pressure washing and cleaning.
• Frequently interacts and communicates effectively with residents, property staff and/or vendors to complete maintenance duties and requests.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Six (6) months of experience performing work requiring constant physical activity
• Ability to read and understand written instructions and complete standard paperwork
• Ability to work in outdoor environments exposed to adverse weather conditions
• Prior make ready work at a residential property.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to understand basic instructions and follow a checklist of tasks
• Skill in using basic hand tools
• Ability to perform basic work in electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry
• Knowledge of safety procedures
• Ability to assess detailed repairs and replacements in a vacant apartment to make it available for a new resident
• Ability to perform physical labor and to lift heavy weights regularly
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
• While performing the duties of this job the employee normally works primarily in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace
Internal Number: 82792
About Post Brookhaven
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: