Iconergy is a growing performance contracting and energy engineering firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We are a team of experienced energy engineers, design-build professionals, and problem solvers who come together to enhance the efficiency of the built environment. The PM/CM position is central to our ability to retrofit commercial and industrial facilities via our design-build expertise.
We deliver value to our customers by integrating specialized technical knowledge with outstanding program and project management and delivery. We strive to see the world through our customers’ eyes so that we can advance their agenda in all phases of design and construction.
Iconergy’s Design-Build team maintains a diverse portfolio of exciting retrofit projects that build long term relationships with our customers. We offer turnkey solutions including performance contracting and other design-build services. Our projects include K-12 schools, recreation centers, higher education, correctional facilities, medical facilities, laboratories, data centers, and other state and local government buildings.
Position Summary Construction Project Manager (please follow instructions to apply) Location: CO Iconergy seeks to add a dependable Project Manager/Construction Manager to our Design-Build Team. The successful candidate will work with Iconergy’s Project Development team to select and manage our team of subcontractors to deliver excellent customer service, high quality work product, and ensure timely and on- budget completion of our projects. Project sites are often on the Western Region but can be anywhere in the United States.
You will initially service a portfolio of retrofit projects that improve facility operations, especially energy and/or water efficiency. Our projects also incorporate renewable energy whenever possible. The projects often address the following systems: HVAC, controls, water and plumbing, lighting, ancillary systems and equipment (distributed generation, cooking kitchens, pools, etc.), and renewable energy (solar PV, solar thermal, etc.) systems. These projects improve the occupancy conditions inside the facilities while reducing operating and maintenance costs and the use of natural resources. You will begin working in projects already in design and/or underway as our PM/CMs frequently carry multiple projects simultaneously.
You will serve as the face of Iconergy to our customers and partners, which includes the site facility staff and our subcontractors. We are looking for someone who will maintain high levels of professional standards and relay information about the project to other members of the Iconergy team and the facility staff.
Your work will be critically important to both our internal team and to our customers. You will dictate the critical path and lead the project to completion.
Your ability to communicate effectively, to make well-informed decisions (including independent as needed), and to deliver on your commitments will directly affect our collective success.
A day in the life of the successful candidate:
You will serve as the day-to-day liaison between the customer, Iconergy staff, and our partners. For example, you will:
• Manage all project budgeting, scheduling, billing, and reporting requirements to insure successful project execution performance.
• Identify required resources to achieve project goals.
• Provide project development support with preliminary scopes of work, technical and constructability assessments, cost proposals, and presentations.
• Providing site safety assessments, writing plans, and ensuring compliance.
• Supervise and motivate the project specific subcontracting team to meet our target schedule, regularly updating the schedule.
• Coordinate internally with Iconergy staff to plan for and receive the support needed to fulfill the project from cradle to grave.
• Develop strong relationships with staff at the facility, especially the customer’s leadership team and their lead facility staff person, by managing expectations and providing regular updates.
• Communicate daily with Iconergy staff to review the status of the project, highlight any concerns, and develop approaches to address them.
• Coordinate, prepare and lead scheduled update meetings with facility staff, subcontractors, customer staff, and Iconergy staff.
These roles will require you to adjust your communication and organizational approach to effectively interface with a wide range of Iconergy staff, customers, and partners, sometimes about sensitive issues.
You will also provide service in a quality control role, ensuring that we meet and exceed the customer’s expectations.
TO APPLY: After reading all requirements below, please see our website at https://iconergyco.com/careers/ Then, submit both a - Resume and Cover Letter – to the email found at the above URL. Help us understand why you are the right fit for our team. Tell a story, highlight your most applicable skills, do whatever you think will capture the essence of what you will bring to the table. Iconergy is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We encourage applications from all demographics and especially those that are traditionally under- represented in engineering and construction.
10 or more years of work experience in construction management, including previous experience managing projects of $1,000,000+. Prior design-build and/or performance contracting experience a plus. Work experience with and in aforementioned public facility types highly preferred.
• Hold a General Contractor B or equivalent license in one or more jurisdictions/states (strongly preferred).
Technically savvy with a thorough understanding of electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems. Understanding of building envelope, structural, controls, and other systems a plus.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication (written and oral) in English. Conversational skills in Spanish a plus.
• Demonstrated success in working with high performance teams. Experience with P3 and design-build-operate projects a plus.
• Experience with selection interviews, estimating project budgets and providing final pricing development, subcontractor selection and contracting, negotiating equipment procurement pricing, and project closeout.
• Proficiency with measurement and verification, energy/water efficiency, and renewable energy systems will be considered a plus.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and MS Project or other construction scheduling software. Skills in Visio or SketchUp a plus.
• The initial projects will be in Colorado or surrounding states. Future projects may be located in other areas of the region or even outside the region.
The ideal candidate will also fulfill the following:
• Pass NCIC background check (required).
• Pass an initial drug test and subsequent random drug tests (required).
• Hold a valid driver’s license and provide your own mode of transportation (required).
• Completed OSHA 10-hour or 30-hour Construction training (preferred)
Internal Number: CM_PM 2019
Iconergy is a growing performance contracting and energy engineering firm headquartered in Denver, CO. We are a team of experienced energy engineers, design-build professionals, and problem solvers who came together to enhance the efficiency of the built environment.We deliver value to our customers by integrating specialized technical knowledge with outstanding and collaborative project development, management and delivery. Our customer focused approach advances their agenda in all phases of design and construction.Iconergy’s Design-Build team maintains a diverse portfolio of large and small projects that build long term relationships with our customers. We offer turnkey solutions including performance contracting and other design-build services. Our projects include K-12 schools, recreation centers, higher education, municipal, correctional facilities, medical facilities, and private commercial buildings.