*********Must apply during the month of November to be eligible for this bonus*********
The Service Representative works to prepare recently vacated apartments for market readiness and availability to rent to another tenant. The Service Representative also may respond to service work orders, perform painting and pressure washing duties, grounds keeping, and less technical tasks or to assist a Service Technician in the performance of his/her duties.
The Service Representative reports to the Property Manager with oversight from the Service Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives "make ready" assignment; gathers all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies needed to make an apartment unit available to rent.
• Checks caulking and applies where needed.
• Evaluates carpet and vinyl; shampoos carpet/vinyl, or replaces carpet/vinyl if needed.
• Checks air conditioning unit, heating unit, water heater, and all appliances; makes minor repairs if needed; contacts Lead Service Technician for more extensive repairs or replacements.
• Checks lighting and plumbing fixtures; makes minor repairs and replacements as needed.
• Repairs or replaces baseboards or trim as needed.
• Polishes and varnishes cabinets and other woodwork as needed.
• Checks all doors and windows and re-keys all locks.
• Repairs holes in walls and performs painting duties as needed.
• Responds to service calls to make less technical repairs or replacements; assists Lead Service Technician as needed.
• Performs pool maintenance and landscape duties as needed, including pressure washing and cleaning.
• Performs other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
• Six months experience performing work that requires constant physical activity.
• Ability to read and understand written instructions and complete standard paperwork.
• Able to work in moderately difficult environments and to regularly lift items weighing up to and occasionally above 50 lbs.
• Prior make ready work at a residential property. Job Description: Service Representative (Make Ready Tech)
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Ability to understand basic instructions and follow a checklist of tasks
• Skill in using basic hand tools
• Ability to perform basic work in electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry
• Knowledge of safety procedures
• Ability to assess detailed repairs and replacements in a vacant apartment to make it available for a new resident
• Ability to perform physical labor and to lift heavy weights regularly
While performing the duties of the Service Representative, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons). While performing the duties of this job the employee normally works primarily in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions.
• Frequent need to see small detail in the process of make ready work.
• Dirty, dusty indoor / outdoor work areas in vacated and inhabited apartments.
• Frequently outdoors in all weather conditions. Occasional exposure to potentially hazardous materials.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace
Internal Number: 87278
About Grand Courtyards
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: