As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The HVAC Technicians job is to install, operate, maintain, inspect and repair heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment necessary for the building's operation. The scope of HVAC equipment includes but is not limited to: refrigeration, heating and air conditioning systems including associated air handling, control devices and equipment, heating, ventilation, chilled water and hot water distribution systems.
1. Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee’ssupervisor.
2. Performs installation, operation, inspection, preventive maintenance, and repair duties involving diverse heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration and related control systems throughout N/AIDHC facilities.
3. Receives and reviews work orders and prioritizes assignments. Completes all assigned Preventative Maintenance (PMs) and Corrective Maintenance work orders in a timely and professional manner. Actively participates in the implementation and ongoing evaluation and improvement of HVAC system preventive maintenance program. Complete assigned rounds in a timely and competent manner.
4. Collaborates with other members of the Facility Department and promptly contacts outside contractors and vendors as needed to maintain the HVAC system. Keeps Manager and Lead aware of system issues. Reports any complication on specific jobs or equipment to Lead and Manager as appropriate. Responds to emergency situations throughout the facility.
5. Actively participates in the implementation and ongoing evaluation and improvement of HVAC system preventive maintenance program. Complete assigned rounds in a timely and competent manner.
6. Maintains the facility HVAC control systems according to state and local facility regulatory code and accrediting agency standards. Provides advance notice of testing, maintenance and repairs to affected departments.
7. Acts to minimize the risk of HVAC outages and keeps affected departments, Command Center and leaders informed of any outages or potential for outages. Collaborates with manager to reduce risk of utility interruptions.
8. Works closely with the Facility Managers and staff to provide for appropriate air exchanges, positive or negative protective pressure relationships and other HVAC safety of all patients, visitors, and staff as prescribed in AIA and Code requirements. Report unsafe working conditions to Manager, escalate unsafe conditions to leaders as appropriate.
9. Report unsafe working conditions to Manager, escalate unsafe conditions to leaders as appropriate. Participate in daily huddles, escalate Safety, Methods, Equipment, Supply or Associate issues at Huddles. Seek out and participate in Continuous Improvement program activities
10. Effectively read and interpret blue prints, engineering documents and HVAC schematics.
11. Maintain good attendance on scheduled weekdays and accept after hour work assignments including holidays, weekends or other work schedules as required. Must be available to accept on-call rotation schedule and report in a timely manner ready to perform work.
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) plus experience of not less than 3 years working as an HVAC with 5 years experience preferred.
Universal Recovery 608, EPA Certificate, Handling and Recovery of refrigerants.
Minimum of 3 years of HVAC Mechanic experience, prefer 5 years or more of HVAC experience.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.