* You are a Mechanical Engineer with a positive can-do attitude and seek to overcome unique design challenges.
* You have significant CAD/BIM experience and are comfortable both designing and reviewing designs in Revit.
* Professional skill set of how design affects construction and ability to learn from construction visits.
* You have experience successfully performing QA/QC of design drawings on large scale projects +200k sqft.
* You are a great communicator who can express complex ideas in a concise manner through all digital mediums (design drawings, presentations, video conference) both internally and with clients.
* You are well organized and can meet changing project priorities to make sure your team and projects stay on schedule.
* You have a strong work ethic that internal and external team members can depend on.
* You have experience coordinating mechanical scope with multiple discipline trades (Architecture, telecom, electrical, plumbing, structural and civil)
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate documentation of mechanical design, end to end scope, for data center builds
* Work with internal stakeholders on mechanical system requirements and translate requirements into design drawings for distribution to external consultants.
* Actively review production Revit models and collaborate with external consultants to ensure documentation is at an appropriate level of detail at each design milestone.
* Implement automation tools to reduce the production time internally and externally
* Establish standard Mechanical BIM content and QC content development for projects at each milestone.
* Reviewing in-progress drawings& Autodesk Revit models for coordination issues, and escalate to our consultants to prioritize their focus on critical items affecting schedule to close out during design meetings.
* Escalate known design issues that have construction impacts to all parties so there is clear communication to all teams
* Review in progress projects for owner standard compliance and provide summaries to owner on deltas for projects that deviate for owner standards due to local requirements
* Update existing owner standard plan of record documentation as changes are made
* Provide review comments in BIM360
* Create discipline specific Revit family library
* Provide discipline specific and timely update to overall Revit shared parameters maintained by central BIM team
Other duties as assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.
Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger more
experienced team). Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum (6) six years of related mechanical engineering experience and/or training.
Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
* Minimum 4 years working in Autodesk Revit MEP, C4R & BIM360Team, AutoCAD in a design or engineering company in the role of project designer or under direction from project designer.
* +5 years of experience focused on mechanical design and construction management experience.
* Knowledge of other design software a plus (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat)
* Familiarity with Google Drive and all related products (sheets, docs, slides)
* Autodesk Certification for Revit a benefit but not required.
* Familiarity and experience in working with cross discipline teams: structural, civil, IT/Telecom, electrical, architectural.
* Practical knowledge of large scale, complex data center mechanical infrastructure or equivalent
* General knowledge of mechanical design practices including site-planning, civil, structural, architectural, electrical engineering, and construction
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
Internal Number: 20000907
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.