The primary responsibility of this position is to provide maintenance services to the Administrative Office as well as the Shelter facility.
1. Make basic repairs in such areas as plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, changing locks, etc.
2. Responsible for sweeping, mopping and cleaning of the administrative office and shelter facility.
3. Maintains exterior of buildings/facilities yards (i.e. remove trash from sidewalk and lawn, trim trees), snow and ice removal, salt as needed.
4. Assist with moving heavy objects as needed.
5. Make sure exit and emergency lights are working (i.e. replacing bulbs as needed).
6. Other duties as assigned.
Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED with 2 years of experience in facilities maintenance or in a related area. Needs knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures as it pertains to maintenance and repairs of buildings. Must be able to take direction and preform task with minimal instructions and supervision. Candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check. Must have knowledge and experience in activities, such as those sited above. Must be able to perform some heavy lifting. Must have own tools to perform maintenance activities –cleaning supplies will be provided.