The Facilities Maintenance Technician III for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) competently and professionally performs installations, preventive maintenance, inspections and repairs on one or more of the following, specific to assignments: HVAC systems (including various air handlers and special ventilation rooms), Building Automation Systems, Fire Systems, Pneumatic Tube Systems, Power Plant Equipment, Plumbing Systems (including steam, sewer, water and medical gases), Fire Alarm Systems, Electrical Systems, Mechanical equipment (including compressors, vacuum pumps, automatic doors, etc.), patient and medical equipment (including patient beds, various video and audio systems, stretchers, exam chairs & tables, etc.) and any assigned equipment relating to the general maintenance of the facility to ensure proper operation, function, safety and HIPAA regulation compliance. The FMT III works with and guides Facilities Technicians I and II as assigned and/or requested.
In addition, the Facilities Maintenance Technician III for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
- Performs preventative maintenance, inspections, installations, and repairs on assigned equipment to ensure their proper operation and function. Performs all assignments in a competent, efficient, timely and professional manner.
- Diligently performs assigned Preventive Maintenance and/or assigned system upgrades. The PM program includes routine inspections, installations and repairs.
- Performs general building maintenance which may include, but not limited to, light carpentry, painting, light plumbing, changing of light bulbs and repair of minor electrical devices.
- Accurately troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs problems at both a component and system level.
- Performs all installations and repairs in accordance with applicable codes, standards and BSWH Healthcare policies.
- May act as a Team Leader in Facilities, responsible for assisting in daily operations.
- Participates in departmental on-call program as designated.
- May be involved in new building construction and accurately reads and follows blueprints using the scale provided with the prints.
- Assist with set-up and implementation of department equipment and cross-training programs.
- Working conditions may include but not be limited to extreme heat or cold, confined spaces, heights, climbing ladders and stairs and lifting heavy items.
- Maintains all records, such as work orders, and necessary reports to ensure accurate recording of activities for code and regulatory purposes. Accurately documents all Planned Maintenance inspections.
- Processes work requests and turns in completed work requests in a timely and professional manner.
- With management approval uses the electronic system to order necessary parts, devices, etc. to properly repair or complete assigned work orders.
- Ensured proper care of equipment and tools issues for maximum safety and productivity and adheres to all personal safety requirements. Diligently maintains all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order and is responsible for any loss. Maintains adequate inventory of related parts to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains technical skills and required certifications to perform job duties.
- Responsible for increasing knowledge and training/teaching others.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and wears the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job. Champions overall safety in the department. Reports possible safety issues and recommends appropriate changes.
- Responds to emergency situations to ensure employee, patient and facility safety.
- Complies with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations. Complies with all healthcare regulatory agency requirements, such as TDHS & TJC, etc.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the philosophy and values of the BSWH healthcare system.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Responds professionally to customer needs.
- Understands the urgency in healthcare and works cooperatively with co-workers and others on a day-to-day basis.
- Cooperates and collaborates with BSWH leadership to champion and meet the strategic goals of the BSWH system.
- Adheres to BSWH and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming and attendance.
- Willing to serve on departmental and/or BSWH committees or focus groups as requested and needed. Attend meetings with other hospital departments when necessary.
- Interacts effectively, builds relationships and demonstrates a high level of cooperation.
- Communicates effectively with Managers and other Facilities Maintenance Technicians on a regular basis, formal and informal, to discuss possible changes or problems within BSWH Healthcare, Facilities Department, the Preventive Maintenance program and/or related operations or equipment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Specialized vocational courses preferred
- Maintains a safe driving record
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance, PM and work order systems
- Ability to learn various software programs associated with BSWH and the Facilities Department, complete and maintain any licensure or certification(s) required by the position, read, interpret and follow blueprints, schematics, technical drawings or instruction booklets for building or installation of new or upgraded systems
- Strong technical, mechanical and problem-solving skills.
- Physically able to reach, lift, climb ladders, crawl or otherwise see and work in tight and/or dim places, as well as heights.
- Able to tolerate weather conditions, such as extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all staff and management in English in a positive and professional manner, communicate appropriately verbally and in writing using the English language, comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos and other forms of verbal and written communication, read and follow instructions, deal with difficult situations, resolve issues and concerns in a professional manner, work and accomplish tasks in a stressful, fast-paced environment and maintain a positive attitude and work ethic.
Location/Facility - Baylor Scott and White Health - Marble Falls
Specialty/Department/Practice - Facilities and Maintenance
Shift/Schedule - Full Time, Days (on call as needed)
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 5 years experience required CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain valid TX DL within 90 days of hire.
HIGHLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Medical Facilities Maintenance, commercial HVAC experience.
Internal Number: 20010083
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!