JOB SUMMARY: Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair to include, but not limited to, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, and other misc. infrastructure systems.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School or GED. Ability to read, write, and comprehends English (job- related instruction). Journeyman level license or equivalent certification required. All candidates must be able to pass the skill assessment for this level or above established by the Facilities Engineering Department.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Four years building maintenance experience preferred, including demonstrating ability to troubleshoot complex maintenance problems. Prevuious EPA experience preferred. Knowledge of HVAC/RTUs preferred.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): Not Required
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas) 1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills: Analytical Mathematics P.C. CMMS Access
Advance Training Specialty: Journeyman level License or equivalent certification, or 1st Grade Stationary Engineering City of Houston, or trade/craft specific licensure or certification
3. Work Schedule: Weekends Holidays Flexible Overtime Travel On Call
Internal Number: 151696
About Harris Health System
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.