Reports to Property Manager and/or Area Manager and works as part of a team with the Property Manager and Property Administrator to provide/coordinate the maintenance of building services and systems, (HVAC, MEP, etc.), for the smooth operation of a large building or small group of buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures that properties are maintained to the standards established by HRES, for all physical aspects of buildings, systems, and grounds.
2. Monitors buildings daily and logs activity appropriately to ensure that all systems are maintained in good working order: mechanical systems and equipment, heating, plumbing, electrical, fire protection, fixtures, carpentry, doors, locks and windows. Must be able to identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues.
3. Completes common area and in-unit work requests, maintenance projects, and operational assignments and documents all activity in the work order system.
4. Monitors building DDC systems to ensure proper building function
5. Participates in performing building inspections with a focus on related building issues and ensure preventative maintenance measures are being implemented. Coordinates inspections to ensure compliance with codes and safety regulations.
6. Oversees the completion of repairs to systems and equipment including, but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, heating, plumbing, carpentry components and appliances by coordinating and managing the work of outside contractors.
7. Available as needed outside of normal business hours (evenings, weekends and/or holidays) for apartment turnovers, snow removal and general building emergencies.
8. Works closely with Area/Property Manager to effectively communicate building issues.
9. Under the supervision of the Area/Property Manager and working closely with others on the POA team is responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of building inventory and supplies.
10. May be required to perform other duties as necessary.
11. May be asked to participate in the Resident On-Call Program providing the need exists and the basic requirements and qualifications for participation are met.
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
High School diploma or equivalent, with a technical certification or a minimum of 2+ years relevant work experience in facilities required. Must have demonstrated experience in building operations, construction, maintenance, or facilities management.
Broad knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and carpentry systems required. Familiarity with Building Automation Systems and work management systems desirable. Experience managing vendor/contract relationships preferred. Must possess a high degree of professionalism and the ability to work independently and effectively with others. Must be detail oriented and have a good safety record, and the ability to take and follow directions intelligently. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize one's own work. An ongoing willingness to acquire new skills and utilize technology to streamline processes and problem solve is essential. Basic skills and comfort with desktop computers required (email, work order entry/close out, etc.). Must support the unit in maintaining a high level of tenant satisfaction and have the ability to interact diplomatically with faculty, staff, and students. Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills essential. Must be available to accept over-time for snow removal, maintenance emergencies, special projects, and peak season demands.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 52925BR
About Harvard University Campus Services
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.