Under minimal supervision, perform preventative maintenance programs, emergency repairs, maintenance work orders and Environment of Care (EOC) & Life Safety (LS) rounds. The ultimate goal of this position is to keep facility and surrounding campus in Constant Survey Readiness. Will be assigned duties based on primary geographical location.
1. High school graduation or GED required.
1. Five years' experience in one or more of the following required: maintenance, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, or paint shop.
2. Experience working in a hospital environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Basic Understanding of the Elements of Performance for EOC and LS sections of The Joint Commission Standards
2. Knowledge and proper use of Infection/Dust Control and Intern life Safety Measures (ILSM)
3. Basic knowledge of all hand tools, equipment and machinery required to perform the jobs/tasks of a maintenance technician
4. Ability to read and understand blue prints.
5. Exceptional customer service and communication skills that promote positive relations in dealing with patients, visitors, and staff
6. Able to work in a fast paced, changing and sometimes stressful environment where you must be flexible and learn quickly
7. Organizational skills, ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities
Certificates, Licenses and Registration
1. Valid Colorado Driver's License required.
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 1753
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.