Pay Range: $16.02 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, perform semi-skilled duties in the operation, maintenance and repair of buildings and related facilities and systems; perform related work.
Maintenance staff members are expected to demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications: - Experience with semi-skilled maintenance and repair involving carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance trades work.
- Experience using and maintaining tools and equipment normally associated with carpentry, mechanics, plumbing and electrical.
- Experience with heating and cooling system maintenance and repairs.
- Experience with basic components and functions of electrical systems, plumbing systems, heating ventilation systems, security lock systems, and mechanical systems in residential type dwellings.
- Experience/using calculations and analytics to measure, cut, adjust and/or install items in the field.
- Experience working to improve customer satisfaction and continuous quality service.
- Experience working as part of a team and cooperating with others.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
Preferred Qualifications: - Experience with reliability/dependability through work history, school, business, or references.
- Post secondary education and/or license in one or more of the knowledge areas listed: plumbing, electrical or HVAC.
- Complete safety and compliance training and perform work in a manner that complies with UI safety policies and procedures. Avoid activity that create a serious hazard to themselves or others.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: - Ability to perform physical activities associated with building and equipment maintenance such as lifting, carrying and/or otherwise moving items weighing approximately 90 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, shovel, and climb and work from ladders; work around wood dust and fumes.
Posting Number: SP002620P
Posting Date: 10/23/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: The next review date for applications will be April 1, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.