Great careers are built at Banner Health. There's more to health care than doctors and nurses. We support all staff members as they find the path that's right for them. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Amazing opportunity to join an award-winning cutting edge ROC (Remote Operating Center) within Healthcare Facilities Services. This is an industry leading team of BMS and Energy experts that drive system efficiencies, standardization, savings, and support for Banner Health's system wide portfolio across 6 states. With utilizing new technology such as SkySpark (energy), Capturis (utility bills), and integrating various Building Management Systems the ROC is able to provide key data points around energy, utility spend, and operational efficiencies. This data allows Banner Health to make strategic and informed business decisions while supporting our patients and customers.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position analyzes, identifies, and assists with maintaining the overall performance of the organizations building automation systems. This position works out of the Facilities Services Remote Operations Center (ROC). This work may include field service and/or remote servicing of the building control systems across the organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Installs, adjusts, repairs, and troubleshoots controls of large heating ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, utility plant systems, lighting systems, and general building control systems. Controls, calibrates, and troubleshoots pressures, flows, temperatures, and speed of chillers, pumps, airhandlers, terminal units, heat exchangers, etc.
2. Operates, maintains, repairs, and updates the building automation computers. Creates and adjusts computer programs, graphics, and parameters in alignment with the ROC energy strategy and recommendations from data analysts and ROC leadership.
3. Analyzes system failures, performs route cause analysis to identify faults. Designs and deploys programming strategies to eliminate points of failures.
4. Oversees and maintains copies and backups of control sequences, computer images, and data trends.
5. Conducts analysis of air and water flows for optimum operation while maintaining compliance with all appropriate regulations and improve energy efficiency.
6. Provides support to facility based plant personnel to trouble-shoot control problems. Instructs plant personnel on operations strategies to enhance energy savings.
7. Works with energy analysts to develop control strategies in effort of repairing, adjusting, and optimizing the operation of controlled equipment.
8. Provides support to entry level BMS Techs. Support includes training, coaching, and guidance needed to acclimate entry level techs to field service on various control systems used across the organization.
9. Position generally carries departmental or hospital responsibility within assigned discipline area. External customers may include, but are not limited to, regulatory/accrediting agencies, external data providers, utility companies, etc. Internal customers include facilities services staff, managers, executives, and medical staff.
Knowledge, skills and abilities as normally obtained through the completion of an Associate's degree in a related field in combination with a minimum of ten years' experience in the building automation industry.
Requires intermediate to advanced skills using word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard business applications. Must have working knowledge of various control systems including Alerton, Honeywell, Siemens, Johnson Metasys. Must have advanced skills in trouble-shooting, installing, repairing, and servicing industrial building automation systems. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required. Ability to read low voltage electrical wiring diagrams and controls flow diagrams, must be proficient with test instruments and calibration tools, have the ability to understand control wiring diagrams, and understand the operation of HVAC equipment. This includes the ability to understand written sequences of operation.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS LonWorks and/or BACnet protocol fundamentals and Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 experience or Possess a Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 certification preferred. Additional education and/or experience with electrical/mechanical systems is strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R17693
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.