Provides customer service in the form of maintaining, installing, servicing and repairing HVAC systems and other mechanical/electrical equipment as required to enhance the campus environment by making it as comfortable and inviting as possible for the University community.
Primary Responsibilities :
1. To provide the most comfortable conditions for building occupants, coordinates activities with EMS/HVAC Systems Specialists (Power Plant Operators) to maintain effective and efficient system operations controlling environmental conditions in buildings.
2. Completes assigned work and provides supervisor with accurate, detailed records of work accomplished, equipment serviced, materials used, time allotted, etc., for inclusion in the CMMS facilities management system.
3. Checks and repairs equipment in assigned areas and makes adjustments as necessary.
4. Efficiently, courteously and cooperatively communicates and works with all NKU associates in the performance of assigned duties.
5. Attends safety/employee development training sessions as offered and schedules permit.
6. Responds to emergency trouble calls after regular working hours, on weekends and holidays, as required by supervisory personnel.
7. Performs basic electrical repairs: resetting breakers, replacing fuses, etc. Reports problems with electrical equipment or systems involving electric supplies.
8. Performs basic plumbing repairs to commodes, showers, faucets and related piping systems. Reports major problems to appropriate areas for repairs.
9. Performs other duties of a similar nature and level of responsibility as assigned by supervisory personnel.
10. As required by supervisory personnel, adjusts working hours and/or works any and all hours as needed to provide absentee coverage, to finish projects, to complete scheduled after hour assignments, and to otherwise meet the University's needs.
High school diploma/GED with 3 years of full-time related experience, preferably in a commercial, industrial, or similar setting;
Strongly prefer vocational school training in HVAC general maintenance, including electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, kitchen equipment, etc.
Valid driver's license required.
EPA Universal Refrigeration License/Certification required (if you do not currently have this license/certification, you must obtain within 6 months of employment).
Must be able to perform the following with frequent medium/heavy exertion including but not limited to: bending, stooping, reaching above head/shoulders, pushing, pulling, working in confined spaces, lifting, etc.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
NKU is a growing metropolitan university of more than 14,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati.
Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky—just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati—we have become a leader in Greater Cincinnati and Kentucky by providing a private school education for a fraction of the cost.
While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students' names.