This is a season position with the potential to convert to Full Time based on business need.
As the Facilities Technician at Oki Golf, you will have overall responsibility for upkeep and routine building maintenance at your property under the direction of the General Manager (GM) and/or Facilities Manager. You will partner with department leaders and conduct all general maintenance of the property including, but not limited to, preventative maintenance on clubhouse related equipment (HVAC, refrigeration, boilers, fixtures, etc.), performing minor repairs (electrical, plumbing, carpentry) and general custodial duties (carpet cleaning, window washing, power washing, etc.). Your overall goal is to ensure the safe and proper working order of all areas; meeting and/or exceeding product quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Facilities Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance and upkeep of the Facility. You will inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair by making notes and recommendations using a pre?established check sheet. Your ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize needs, recognize challenges and provide timely solutions while maintaining a sense of urgency will make you highly successful in this position.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performing minor electrical maintenance
• Performing minor plumbing maintenance
• Performing minor painting, carpentry and masonry work
• Preparing the surfaces and painting various structures and equipment
• Ordering parts and maintaining expenses and required documents.
• Collaborating with the General Manager (GM) and others at the property to identify, plan and schedule upkeep and improvements
• Keeping the General Manager and other team-members updated on the progress of projects through regular reporting and updates on project status and completion dates
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Prior working experience in facility maintenance.
• Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry, required.
• High School diploma or equivalency; trade certificate a plus.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• “Can do” attitude, willingness to contribute to team success (all positions)
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills with experience/willingness for providing timely progress updates
• Flexibility to adjust your schedule to meet the needs of the business - available as business levels dictate (nights/weekends/holidays)
• Must have proficiency to address the position duties and responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
• Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
• Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
(35hrs + per week) may be eligible for:
· Medical/Dental/Vision/Telehealth Coverage
· FSA options
· Company paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
· 401(k) with company match
· Paid Vacation
(30hrs + per week) may be eligible for:
· Medical/Telehealth Coverage
· FSA options
All Team Members:
· 401K with company match
· Golf Benefits, Meal and Merchandise discount
· Paid Sick Time
· Team Member Referral Program and more!
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Internal Number: 487
About Oki Golf - The Golf Club at Newcastle
Oki Golf is a collection of 8 premier Puget Sound golf courses providing championship golf course layouts and outstanding course conditions to players of all skill levels. With several Northwest golf courses located near Seattle, Everett and Olympia, Oki Golf’s challenging course designs and unrivaled guest service provide an exceptional golf experience at unparalleled value to casual golfers, tournaments, and group outings.