Princeton Day School’s Facilities Team is looking for a building mechanic who will focus on HVACR concerns and help address the diverse needs of the school community. Candidates can expect a team environment, a supportive community and the opportunity to take pride in the equipment they work on.
· Perform evaluation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and replacement of all HVACR systems and their associated piping, connections, controls, power and auxiliary systems. This includes, but is not limited to RTUs, boilers, air handlers, pumps, condensers, chillers and all other HVACR equipment.
· Perform general building work related to the following: all building mechanical systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, building finishes, doors and locks, furniture and all other assigned work. Open and close assigned Work Orders in a timely manner
· Ensure completion of all work in accordance with facility established quality standards, all codes and good work practices.
· Organize and Prioritize work assignments, in coordination with your direct supervisor.
· Schedule all work with minimum disruption to the occupants and building services.
· Ensure Preventive Maintenance (PM) is performed and documented as required. Work with their immediate supervisor and establish any required PM work that is not currently in place.
· Review, inspect, log and maintain all mechanical, electrical, piping and plumbing systems and equipment as required ensuring the most economical and efficient results may be obtained
· Responsible for assisting with fire/life/safety and security programs.
· Responsible to work with the computerized maintenance management system including, but not limited to, inputting all data required including work performed and time spent on each work order, inputting work orders when needed work is identified as well as completing and closing out all work orders in a timely manner.
· Snow removal including shoveling, plowing and operating other snow removal equipment.
· Perform grounds or landscaping functions as assigned
· Perform custodial functions when requested or required.
· Perform traffic duties as assigned.
· Support special events at the school as required.
· Five years of commercial HVACR experience
· In depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial and residential HVACR including but not limited to hydronic heating and cooling, direct expansion systems, direct fired systems, boilers, chillers, pumps and all other aspects of commercial HVACR.
· Knowledge of building automation systems, Honeywell Niagara experience preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, controls schematics, wiring schematics, manufacturer operation and maintenance manuals and construction related documents written in English.
· Possess excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work in both hot and cold environments.
· Demonstrate computer competency.
· Ability to work overtime when required
· Ability to work weekend when required.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Valid driver's license
· Universal refrigerant license required.
· Black Seal Boiler license preferred
Princeton Day School aspires to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive community in which all members are seen, challenged, affirmed, respected and valued. We believe that in actively cultivating such an environment, we foster intellectual, social and emotional growth for all of our constituents.
In order to be considered, interested candidates will submit a cover letter, resume and a list of at least three references to email@example.com.