Great careers are built at Banner Health . We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner is looking for a Senior Maintenance Technician with plumbing as a primary skill set. Must have four years of experience in maintenance and in a hospital setting is a plus. The hours worked for this position include weekends and on-call, so flexibility in schedule is a must!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs maintenance activities in a wide variety of general maintenance functions to include electrical, plumbing, painting and HVAC. Incumbents are the singular maintenance responder for the facility and report to an off-site supervisor or manager.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responds to all maintenance requests, determines priority and action to be taken. Interacts with all levels of management and maintains strong customer service presence.
2. Ensures efficient and effective operation of equipment and maintenance related services as well as doing building inspections. Observes OSHA guidelines for building safety and regulations. Maintains work area in a clean and safe manner. Coordinates coverage in his absence and cross trains as needed.
3. Maintains computerized temperature control of building, makes adjustment as needed to maintain temperatures within established parameters.
4. Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies so as to reduce potential down time. Administers key control policy and maintains and orders key inventory for entire building. Coordinates with Security Department maintenance of the security access system, card readers, gate arms and cameras.
5. Oversees all facility projects and provides direction to internal and external customers to assure project completion. Reviews and maintains appropriate maintenance documentation and building as-builts.
6. This position provides operation and maintenance service to a facility or satellite building and is the single responder to maintenance requests. Incumbents will decide whether work can be performed in-house or whether contract services will be needed. Must be able to work with little or no supervision. The position reports to an off-site supervisor or manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and vocational, technical, HVAC or apprenticeship training.
Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver's license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
The position requires four or more years of diversified work experience as a maintenance technician with demonstrated maintenance or related skills. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with maintenance equipment. Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) certification is required depending on assignment. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes, and State and local building codes. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Journeyman level tradesman. Previous construction experience is preferred. Three to five years of previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.