1. Coordinate the College online calendar system to manage and mirror any other campus scheduling software to ensure consistency and accuracy for all calendars and events.
2. Provide reception services, including answering calls and greeting visitors, answering inquiries when possible, providing appropriate information, and maintaining an appointment calendar for the office. Also this position will manage the Conference Services and Fine Arts general emails and forward incoming e-mails to the appropriate professional staff member.
3. Prepare and copy contracts for all professional staff from the detail rider and submit the contract for review to the lead team member for Conference Services and to the coordinator, technical director, and marketing director for Fine Arts.
4. Support the work of Conference Services and Fine Arts by purchasing equipment and supplies, maintaining an inventory of office supplies, and utilizing the appropriate process to pay for goods or services purchased by the department. 5. Perform a variety of administrative tasks, which support the operations of both offices, including, preparing and proofreading documents; preparing purchase orders; preparing deposits; tracking and updating budgets; and following up with clients for outstanding invoices, deposits and certificates of insurance.
6. Quickly learn and manage registration software (Regics) and payment processing software (Official Payments) and all functionality. Assist in event creation when requested, follow up on incomplete registrations and payments, assist all phone-in registrations, perform all refund duties and record the transaction in Regics and process daily transaction reports for Regics and Official Payments.
7. Prepare weekly facility reports to be distributed to: Campus Safety for door unlocks, Housekeeping for cleaning and HVAC for climate control; and serve as a liaison to the maintenance department for communication of facilities' routine maintenance and repair.
8. Assist Conference Services & Camps staff in the year-round, campus-wide scheduling of facilities, conferences and camps.
9. Assist Conference Services & Camps with marketing efforts, promoting the College's facilities and camps. Create and send out electronic email blasts promoting summer camps.
10. Assist with the coordination of presented events, such as accommodation, transportation for artists, catering, special needs requirements, and event security.
11. Perform other related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned.
An associate's degree or equivalent work experience is required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years' experience in an administrative support role is required. Prior experience within a computerized office environment, including organizing, performing responsible clerical functions, and familiarity with applications in spreadsheets, database management, and word-processing is strongly preferred. Experience working with the public and event management is strongly preferred. A background in the arts is a plus.
Licenses or Certifications:
A valid driver's license is required.
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with both the Director of Conference Services & Camps and the Coordinator of Fine Arts for administrative needs of each department as well as other responsibilities including coordinating facility use, assisting the summer camps and residential conferences efforts, and preparing for visiting artists to campus.
Internal Number: 8399
About North Central College
North Central College, founded in 1861, is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of 3000 students located 28 miles west of Chicago in Naperville, within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station. For information about the College, please visit the website at https://www.northcentralcollege.edu.