A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
If you are a self-starter, works well under pressure, adapts well to a rapidly changing environment with EXCELLENT customer services skills, we want you!
This position has a wide range of duties including addressing customer work orders and prioritizing patient care & equipment failure. BMS Techs work closely with external controls vendors and support D&C projects ensuring Banner standards are upheld.
BMS Techs are scheduled to work Monday - Friday however, we do need a
candidate that can be flexible as needed to meet the customers needs. There is a 24/7 rotating shift that is shared between all BMS Techs. Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position repairs, adjusts, calibrates, and optimizes the building control systems. This position works out of the Facilities Services Remote Operations Center (ROC) to support facility-based plant personnel to maintain optimum performance of plant equipment. This work may include field service and/or remote servicing of the Building Management Systems (BMS) across the organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Trade level position that installs, adjusts, repairs, and troubleshoots controls of large heating ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, utility plant systems, lighting systems, and general building control systems. Controls, calibrates, and troubleshoots pressures, flows, temperatures, and speed of chillers, pumps, air handlers, terminal units, heat exchangers, etc.
2. Operates, maintains, repairs, and updates the building automation computers. Creates and adjusts computer programs, graphics, and parameters in alignment with the ROC energy strategy and recommendations from data analysts and ROC leadership.
3. Isolates and corrects building control system failures to restore normal operations. Maintains copies and backups of control sequences and computer images.
4. Measures, calculates, and adjust supply air flow, exhaust air flows, and water flows for optimum operation to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations and improve energy efficiency.
5. Provides support to facility-based plant personnel to trouble-shoot control problems. Instructs plant personnel on operations strategies to enhance energy savings.
6. Works with energy analysts to develop control strategies in effort of repairing, adjusting, and optimizing the operation of controlled equipment.
7. Position generally carries departmental or hospital responsibility within assigned discipline area. External customers may include, but are not limited to, regulatory/accrediting agencies, external data providers, utility companies, etc. Internal customers include facilities services staff, managers, executives, and medical staff.
8. Position may require variable shifts and hours, weekly on-call (nights/week ends) rotation.
9. Provides support and expertise to Banner Development and Construction teams with focus on standards, project feedback, and coordination/completion of project scope.
Knowledge, skills and abilities as normally obtained through the completion of an Associate's Degree and 2 years' experience of programming within the building automation industry or equivalent combination of education, technical, business and healthcare experience in a related field.
Must have advanced skills in troubleshooting, installing, repairing, and servicing industrial building automation systems. Requires intermediate to advanced skills using word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard business applications.
Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a company phone may be required.
Ability to read low voltage electrical wiring diagrams and controls flow diagrams, must be proficient with test instruments and calibration tools, have the ability to understand control wiring diagrams, and understand the operation of HVAC equipment. This includes the ability to understand written sequences of operation.
LonWorks and/or BACnet protocol fundamentals and Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 experience or Possess a Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 certification preferred. Additional education and/or experience with electrical/mechanical systems is strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.