We are seeking an experienced Project Sheet Metal Superintendent. The superintendent will work closely with members of the project management team, superintendents on the plumbing and HVAC piping team, and General Contractor (client). From preplanning, coordination, installation, and finally completion of the project, the superintendent will be directly responsible for field labor, labor coordination, quality control, and safety on assigned projects.
· Attend required operations meetings
· Fundamental understanding of the estimating process
· Manpower loading and maintaining the “3 week” look ahead schedule.
· Blueprint reading, coordination, layout, sketching, and materials take off
· Material, tool and equipment handling, which include: ordering, receiving, and effectively staging on the jobsite.
· Time keeping and other administrative duties (i.e.) daily reports, job safety analysis, RFI, etc..
· Demonstrate a passion for safety, help your team understand that safety is the top priority by using teaching and coaching behaviors that will truly prevent injury.
· Maintain quality control over the assigned project
Skills and Requirements:
· Current or previous leadership experience as a Superintendent working on large commercial sheet metal projects.
The Porter Company has maintained its reputation as one of Texas' premier, multi-faceted mechanical contractors for nearly 75 years. A family owned business, we strive to uphold our core values in every component of our establishment. Integrity, accountability, performance, team, and balance - these are the elements embodied by our top leadership throughout the entirety of our organization. We don't succeed without each other. We work hard, we play hard. Hunting trips, fishing trips, skeet shoots, golf, BBQ - these are just some of the perks that come with our territory. Volunteer days and playing an active role in our local community are equally as important. With this comes the expectation that our business is always conducted in a professional manner, with honesty and respect. We do what we say and communicate when we can't, all while maintaining a sense of urgency.
The Porter Co. strives to be the very best. Our dedicated, experienced, and highly motivated team provides full-service mechanical, HVAC, and specialty piping systems. Our clients encompass a wide range of industries, including commercial, bulk chemical systems for semiconductor manufacturers, high-tech fab...rication, pharmaceutical companies, medical complexes, and other highly specialized facilities.
Why work at this company?
Amazing leadership group with a work hard play hard mentality that allows individual growth and fosters a team oriented environment!