Find your path in health care. From painting, plumbing, heating, cooling and everything in between, facility services plays an important role at Banner Health. If you want to help Banner Health ensure our operations maintain a high level of quality, this opportunity could be just what you???re looking for.
As a Maintenance Technician you will have the opportunity to provide basic building maintenance preventative and corrective work to the facility. If you are a self-starter who is highly motivated, skilled in maintenance facilities, and a team player, we want you!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.??
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing basic building maintenance preventative and corrective work to the facility. Building maintenance activities include but are not limited to general fire alarm systems, beds, TV???s, plumbing, medical gas outlets, nurse call, pneumatic tube system, elevators, furniture, fixtures and equipment. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks. In some locations may have responsibility for other duties which might include security, groundskeeping and snow removal.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Maintains, repairs, and corrects all building components as assigned which may include but are not limited to general fire alarm systems, beds, TV???s, plumbing, medical gas outlets, nurse call pneumatic tube system, elevators, furniture, fixtures and equipment. Keeps the designated manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facility operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
2. Provides first line of response to facility maintenance needs to assure maximum operational effectiveness of the facility. Provides all required and appropriate documentation.
3. Works with all other divisions and departments to meet the facility maintenance, installation and construction needs, as assigned. Recommends use of outside maintenance specialty contractors as appropriate. Oversees and monitors outside maintenance specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
4. Monitors maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facility, as assigned. Works with construction installation activities and processes to ensure the integrity of established facility standards, as requested.
5. Maintains maintenance components, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Provides building maintenance input and feedback to the designated manager.
6. Maintains records for facility compliance with all applicable authorities having jurisdiction including, local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facility maintenance systems. As required, attends annual code compliance and update training.
7. Incumbents in this position work somewhat independently under general supervision and fulfill responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver???s license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Requires two or more years of diversified work experience as a maintenance technician with demonstrated maintenance or related skills. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with maintenance equipment. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes, such as IBC, UBC, Joint Commission, CMS, NFPA, State and local building codes. Must be able to work effectively with commonly used office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Vocational, Technical or Apprenticeship training. Previous construction experience is preferred. Previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.