This position performs advance maintenance and service repairs heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems to ensure efficient and effective use of University controlled utilities and ensure indoor air quality requirements are met. Be proficient with the installation of new HVAC equipment and the troubleshooting of malfunctions of controls in order to quickly identify the replacement parts needed.
Position Specific Accountabilities:
1. Maintain preventative maintenance programs of assigned equipment on campus HVAC systems, required air filter change out, grease motor bearings, fan belt change out, interior air handling cleaning of all internal walls and equipment. The house keeping of all the mechanical rooms is required to maintain an orderly safe work space.
2. Install, service, troubleshoot, and repair building automatic control systems for VAV boxes, actuator valves, variable frequency drives, solenoid valves, thermostatic controls and sensors, air flow sensors, with the ability to follow as built schematic diagrams and blueprints.
3. Repair heating, air conditioning and mechanical equipment, to include; heat pumps, air handlers, exhaust fans, pumps, electric and electronic, and pneumatic control systems. Follow all OEM and Manufacturer vender operation manuals procedures for maintenance and repairs.
4. Adhere to all OSHA workplace safety standards to include, ladders, lock out tag out, lifting, climbing, air respiration equipment, eye protection, protective coveralls, and confined space requirements.
5. Maintain campus central heating and chill water underground distribution valves and valve vaults throughout campus.
6. Respond to assigned work orders, to perform a variety of skilled technical equipment repairs and preventive maintenance tasks. The ability to work in an organized manner and keeping the work area clean.
7. Maintain a positive and congenial attitude and presence when dealing with all administration, managers, supervisors, faculty, fellow staff and, students.
8. Perform work on a standard eight hour shift and be available to be called in to assist with emergencies and routine maintenance to adhere to the changing requirements of the campus needs.
9. Represent LMU at various construction project meetings, job walks with vendors, and at professional organizations or associations, serve on committees as required.
10. Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Loyola Marymount University Expectations:
The candidate shall exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
Typically a High School diploma, HVAC trade school certificate or equivalent experiences. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading HVAC knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
Minimum 5 years proven experience in HVAC equipment and controls maintenance trade.
Current EPA refrigerant handling universal certification.
Safe working knowledge of electricity as it pertains to control component connections, motor connections; lock out tag out procedures is a must.
Demonstrated and thorough knowledge of all tools of the HVAC trade, multi-meters, amp meters, refrigerant charging equipment, air flow hoods, pressure testers, hand tools and power tools. Knowledge of Fire Life Safety code and Building Life Safety code will be adhered to. he changing needs of the campus on a daily basis.
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is a must. The ability to demonstrate interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills are the traits to achieve success in this position.Maintain a positive attitude and complete all tasks assigned.
Some computer skills to work with the work order system, text, email, produce documents, files and folders.
Requires valid California driver's license. Must maintain a "satisfactory" driving record as evidenced by DMV.
Shift Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:00am- 5:00pm
Applicants should submit the following materials: Resume
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Constantly required to sit, feel, use finger movement, speak clearly, hear conversation, and see near and far. Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally required to lift, carry and push up to 50 lbs., stoop, kneel, reach high and low, use depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is normal.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Frequent calculating, interrupted work, variety of interrelated tasks, sustained concentration, use of reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, and ingenuity
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
To ensure the safety and well-being of our community, Loyola Marymount University requires that all students, faculty and staff are vaccinated or have been approved for a qualifying medical or religious exemption.
Founded in 1911, LMU is a premier Catholic university rooted in the Jesuit and Marymount traditions. Our enrollment includes 5,962 undergraduate, 2,129 graduate and 1,278 law school students. Our 142-acre bluff-top campus is located in West Los Angeles and is among the nation's most beautiful and green campuses.