The Mechanical Services department at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking a HVAC Mechanic. In this role, individuals will be responsible for installing, repairing, maintaining, and operating heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and other electromechanical equipment, equipment controls, and building management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine preventative and corrective maintenance to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems as well as pumps and energy management systems.
- Installs, and tests HVAC systems for laboratory, administrative, and residential buildings.
- Performs maintenance on air compressors, vacuum pumps, blowers, electromechanical control systems, and other mechanical systems.
- Interacts with other trades, scientific staff, and the Laboratory's administration on the performance of job duties.
- Order necessary supplies and materials from approved vendors.
- Troubleshoots maintenance problems.
- Reclaim, recycle, and add CFC and HCFC refrigerants to air conditioning and refrigeration systems in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties Summary:
EDUCATION: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a refrigerant technician license preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Must have five years of experience in the areas of general mechanics and HVAC and equipment control maintenance and repair.
Founded in 1890, CSHL has helped shape contemporary biomedical research and education with today's research endeavors encompassing cancer, neuroscience, plant biology and quantitative biology. CSHL is a private, not-for-profit institution in New York and has been home to eight Nobel Prize winners. Today, CSHL's multidisciplinary scientific community is bolstered by more than 600 researchers and its Scientific Meetings & Courses Program, which hosts more than 9,000 scientists from around the world each year on its campus.
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Since 1890, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) has been a global leader in research and education. The international scientific community at CSHL provides a unique and stimulating atmosphere for doctoral research?an environment where students, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty work side-by-side. The Watson School of Biological Sciences (WSBS) was founded on the belief that with well thought-out mechanisms, enthusiastic involvement of faculty, and highly motivated students, an innovative curriculum could be provided that would allow students to earn a doctoral degree in a shorter time than in traditional programs without compromising the quality of their training. The curriculum is designed to train students to become scholars and independent thinkers.