All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for:
• AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
• The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
• The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
The role you’ll contribute:
Strategically plans, develops, coordinates and administers the daily operations of the Engineering department to provide services, repairs and preventative maintenance necessary to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the hospital.
Coordinates all utility shutdowns and notification to ensure the safety of the hospital and a comfortable physical environment for patients, visitors and staff.
Provides oversight of minor construction and renovation projects ensuring timely and cost-effective completion and continuity of services. Acts as project liaison for the Office of Design & Construction run projects at the campus.
Proactively prepares facility for emergencies and/or disasters and ensures rapid response of the department and its resources in the event of an emergency or disaster. Leads remediation and recovery efforts with multiple departments and contractors when incident subsides.
Utilizes knowledge of mold and mildew remediation to direct staff to maintain a safe, healing environment.
Maintains the AdventHealth / DOH Water Management program(s), ensuring compliance and the safety of our utility and potable water systems.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Thorough knowledge of AHCA, CMS, DOH, DNV, FDEP, OSHA, and NFPA standards as well as other applicable healthcare industry codes.
· Comprehensive understanding of large electro-mechanical systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical and emergency power, and engineering maintenance.
· Must possess the ability to read, understand, and interpret blueprints, drawings, and floor plans as they relate to electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC equipment, building structures and finishes.
· Must possess the ability to actively read, understand and implement Life Safety Code along with applicable building construction standards.
· Ability to problem solve rapidly and effectively.
· Excellent organizational, oral, and mathematical skills including ability to understand and interpret statistical data and develop operations and capital budgets.
· Effective computer skills, particularly regarding Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Associate degree in Engineering, Business or related field or Technical Degree in related field
Three years of management/supervisory experience in a healthcare setting over the functions of engineering / facilities maintenance or construction.
Five years’ experience in a healthcare environment.
Certified Healthcare Engineer (CHE) designation from the Florida Healthcare Engineering Association within one year of orientation or equivalent.
Valid Class “E” Florida Driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field (Preferred)
Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) designation from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering or equivalent (recognized by ASHE and/or AHA) (Preferred)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.