Location: Westchester Campus,
Under the general direction of the Facility Manager, Maintenance & Operations this position is responsible for the planning, coordination, and direction of all skilled trade maintenance staff including but not limited to management of installations, preventative maintenance, repair work, work order requests, and customer service to ensure that campus facilities are safe, efficient, and sustains the physical environment of the university.
Position Specific Accountabilities:
1. Responsible for direct supervision of all multi-craft staff including recruitment, hire, development, performance review, disciplinary action and releases. Schedules and supervises all staff (including vacations, holiday and assignment of overtime). Guide, inform, and develop team members by conducting daily and recurring meetings.Facilitate communication among team and customers; keep the Manager informed of all matters.
2. Approve payroll for assigned staff; coordinate human resource and administration issues as requested by the Manager. Interface with other university departments as required.
3. Lead, enforce, and participate in work place safety, including but not limited to safe working conditions, proper use of tools and equipment, and the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE). Follow and support all regulatory, university, and departmental safety guidelines.
4. Inspect, report, plan, assign, direct, evaluate, and supervise all preventative and reactionary facilities maintenance - electrical, plumbing, lock and key, paint, carpentry, landscaping. Utilize the departments' Computerized Maintenance Management System ("CMMS") to create, distribute, and track work orders for completion, quality, and customer satisfaction.
5. Coordinate staffing and support required for special events such as athletics, summer conferences, academia, miscellaneous functions, etc.
6. Assist Manager to evaluate and recommend capital projects and asset renewal. Request and review proposals from contractors and vendors providing goods and services to the university. Work closely with vendors and/or project manager to administer contracts.
7. Assist the Manager in developing policies, processes, workflow, and procedures for Facilities Management.
8. Maintain adequate PPE, supplies inventory, and equipment within approved budgetary guidelines, in order to adequately perform duties.
9. Represent LMU and its community and at professional associations, serve on committees as required.
10. Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Loyola Marymount University Expectations:
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in formal training and/or work experience in a university or hospitality setting is highly desirable. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
A minimum of 5 years previous supervisory experience and at least 7 years job related experience and previous experience in general trades.
Demonstrated knowledge in the area of basic leadership and managerial skills to direct a skilled labor work team.
Experience in building maintenance, construction, complex building systems, project oversight. General understanding of all building trades, building code, fire codes, Environmental Protection Agency, and OSHA health & Safety regulations; ability to read and interpret building & equipment plans, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
Must be proficient with the computer and able to effectively navigate using Outlook, Word, and Excel and working knowledge of computerized work order system and/or record keeping systems highly desirable.
Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) understand and follow oral and written directions and effectively express ideas, suggestions, and recommendations both orally and in writing.
Proven ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities at one time and exceptional organizational skills in facilities that are fully occupied 24 hours a day.
Must be able and willing to participate on 24/7 coverage rotation. Shift may include weekends and evenings.
Facilities Management certification preferred. Willingness to attend management training classes, workshops, certifications, and seminars.
Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) preferred.
Requires valid California driver's license. Must maintain a "satisfactory" driving record as evidenced by DMV.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Constantly required to sit, feel, use finger movement, speak clearly, hear conversation, see near and far. Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally required to lift, carry and push up to 50 lbs., stoop, kneel, reach high and low, use depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is normal.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent calculating, interrupted work, variety of interrelated tasks, sustained concentration, use of reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, and ingenuity.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
To ensure the safety and well-being of our community Loyola Marymount University requires that all students, faculty and staff are vaccinated or have been approved for a qualifying medical or religious exemption.
$64,480.00 - $83,600.00 Salary commensurate with education and experience.