Job Description Summary
Engineering Manager is responsible for the effective daily leadership of their staff, managing the engineering program to the highest level of quality work and customer service as well as the administration of the engineering department in alignment with the management team, the C&W engineering platform, and client expectations. The Engineer Manager will perform at the highest of ethical standards, reflecting the core values of C&W as defined in its Business Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures Manual, and other related company policies. Responsible to plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for assigned properties. The Engineer Manager may be required to perform limited hands on operational duties and is not precluded from performing Watch Activity.
- Superior knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of chiller plants including centrifugal chillers, cooling towers associated pumps and control systems.
- Superior knowledge and experience in the operation of HVAC systems including VAV air handling systems and the associated controls.
- Superior knowledge and experience in the operations and maintenance of Computer Room Air Conditioning units (CRAC's).
- Superior knowledge and experience in the operations and maintenance of Building Management Systems (BMS) or Building Automations Systems (BAS).
- Superior knowledge and experience in the operations and periodic testing of Emergency Power Source systems (EPS) including diesel generators, fuel transfer and storage systems.
- Superior knowledge and experience in the operations of Uninterruptible Power Source systems (UPS), battery systems and electrical distribution.
- Superior knowledge and experience in the operations and testing of Fire / Life Safety systems including fire alarm & fire suppression systems, sub-systems for critical installations, sprinkler, and standpipe.
- Superior knowledge and experience with general building maintenance including electrical, plumbing, keys, and hardware, patching and painting.
- Oversee all engineering functions associated with the support of critical business operations.
- Assist with the development of training program for engineering personnel in region of responsibility. Including, but not limited to, CMMS, payroll, performance management, mechanical/electrical systems, etc.
- Manages a team of engineers and establishes standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and quantity of performance of employees within region. Establishes plans for improving departmental work, emphasizing efficiency and economy
- Ensure all employees within region of responsibility enter timecards timely and accurately.
- Strong knowledge of preventative maintenance systems, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Strong leadership, employee relation skills, coaching skills, and training skills.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple engineering activities and direct personnel in the implementation of programs.
- Must possess above average analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to read, interpret, and develop schedules, cost analysis, statistical reports and calculations as required.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, and be able to generate reports, correspondence and facilitate meetings & presentations.
- Must be familiar and proficient with personal computers and PC based software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be able to present a professional appearance in the performance of their duties.
- Must be able to converse in a businesslike manner with occupants and management.
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate's experience and qualifications.The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.The compensation for the position is: $76,500.00 - $90,000.00Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.