Job Description Summary
Job Title: Data Center Lead Engineer
Pay Rate: Negotiable based on experience.
Shift time: 9am-5pm for training; Days, Swings, and Night shifts available.
Weekend availability is required. (On-call or overtime may be required)
Location: Hillsboro, OR (Stationary)
CLIENT PAID BENEFITS available from day one! (No cost to employees; see details below)
Why Choose Us?
Our purpose is simple: to put our clients and our people at the center of what's next in the world of real estate.
Fueled by ideas, expertise, and passion across borders and beyond service lines, we create real estate solutions to prepare our clients for what's next.
What you'll get from us.
- Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer
- Pay Rate: Negotiable based on experience.
- Shift time: 9am-5pm for training; Days, Swings, and Night shifts available.
- Weekend availability is required. (On-call or overtime may be required)
- Location: Hillsboro, OR (Stationary)
- CLIENT PAID BENEFITS available from day one! (No cost to employees; see details below)
How you'll perform the role.
Gain a complete understanding of the following items:
- Facility layout and operation of MEP systems and the ability to illustrate site specific system one-lines with good accuracy.
- Gain a complete understanding of all aspects of data center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24x7 data center operation to achieve 100% uptime and 100% compliance with all customer SLAs.
- Execute site-specific method of procedures (MOPs), standard operating procedures (SOP's), and emergency operating procedures (EOP's).
- Building Monitoring System (BMS) alarm functionality, alarm escalation/acknowledgement, and ability to extract data and trends
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), including the ability to create, edit, implement, and close change management work orders.
- Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Troubleshoot site mechanical and electrical system - specific to HVAC systems
- Complete rounds/inspections efficiently and detect anomalies during those rounds.
What we need from you.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. Ability to respond effectively, verbally in writing to sensitive issues, complex inquiries, or complaints. (Required)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills (Required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (Required)
- Basic understanding of emergency situations and escalation processes. (Required)
- 3+ years' experience in mission critical facilities operating / engineering or equivalent equipment experience including assets associated with mission critical engineering relevant to the specific site. (UPS, HVAC, generators, fire/life safety systems). (Highly Preferred)
- Hands-on electrical or mechanical expertise and competence in non-expertise (for example, electrical expertise with mechanical competence, or vice-versa). (Highly Preferred)
- Strong understanding of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), and power metering systems (Highly Preferred)
- Strong knowledge of various UPS Systems and architectures. (Preferred not required)
- Strong knowledge of energy efficiency principals. (Preferred)
Meets physical demands of the position including:
- Lift and handle up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of network devices, materials, or equipment
- Work under a raised data center floor
- Climb ladders (up to 16 feet) to reach plenum spaces
- Graduate of apprentice program or trade school (preferred)
- Associates in technical field or graduate of apprenticeship or trade school (preferred)
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.