1. Inspect the exterior and appropriate interior areas of assigned buildings on a regular basis. Identify, prioritize and perform or report necessary maintenance activities. Promptly report safely and security concerns.
2. Maintain regular contact with sources of work assignments (i.e., supervisor, clerk, assignment board) so that necessary activities are carried out in a timely fashion. Promptly report on completion of activities.
3. Knowledge and ability to perform preventative maintenance, adjust, repair, and assist with the replacement of the following items: B&G pumps, hot water/steam boilers and associated controls, various hot water heaters and controls, A.C. and refrigeration units including: fan coil units, air handlers-belts, pulleys and drives, exhaust and intake fans, sump pumps, condensation pumps and lift station pumps, all type electric motors, belt/air filter changes, roof top units, various building controls, single and three phase electric, electric voltage's ranging from 24V to 480 Volt A.C., electrical switch gear, motor starters and contractors.
4. Maintain building access/egress areas – i.e., sidewalks, stairways – in a serviceable condition by removing debris and snow and ice.
5. Carry out projects, which involve installations, renovations, remodeling, etc., as directed by supervisor, either individually or as part of a group.
6. Coordinate all activities with building users and contractors (i.e., food service, cleaning services) so as to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to building activities.
7. May be assigned to temporarily work at other locations to substitute for personnel not available or to supplement personnel during times of unusually heavy workload.
8. May be assigned to act in place of immediate supervisor during his/her absence, including the assumption of responsibility for that person's duties and tasks.
9. Perform other job-related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of three years of experience in building maintenance is required. (specifically HVAC).
Licenses or Certifications:
A valid driver's license is required. EPA Refrigerant Certification is required.
To ensure that assigned buildings, including furnishings and mechanical and electrical systems therein, are functional on a continual basis.
North Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. NCC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the Office of Human Resources. Determinations for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Organization Type: Higher Education Institution