HVAC Technician I
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of facilities. Facility systems include all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and utility systems installed in/on the customer's property and facilities. To include all HVAC systems, electrical equipment, building controls, and life safety equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Must be able to work in a team oriented / safety conscious environment. "Safety First" expectations include but are not limited to.
o Pre-Job Hazardous Assessment,
o Job Risk Review
o Identifying Hi Potential Risk
o Performing Audits and Observations
o Follow all company / site safety guidelines and procedures
* Operations and maintenance of all (HVAC) heating, ventilation & air conditioning system, to include, window units, (PTAC's) packaged terminal air conditioners, fan coil units, heat pumps, condensers, evaporators, (RTU's) rooftop units, air cooled chillers, water cooled chillers, cooling towers and all associated rotating equipment to include pumps, fan motors, gearboxes etc..
* Preferred knowledge relating to the operation and maintenance of hot water heaters, boilers, steam systems and all associated rotating equipment to include pumps, motors and gearboxes.
* Preferred knowledge relating to the ability to troubleshoot and maintain related electrical systems including panel boards, transformers, motor control centers, emergency generators and safety disconnects.
*Perform overall facility condition assessment of client owned facilities and grounds.
* Start up, regulate, repair and shut down equipment. Ensure that equipment operates safely and economically and within established limits by monitoring attached meters, gauges, and computerized controls. Manually control equipment and make the necessary adjustments.
* Use hand and power tools to perform repairs and maintenance ranging from a complete overhaul to replacing defective components that meet the manufacturer's specifications.
* Record relevant events and facts concerning operation and maintenance in an equipment log.
* Detect potential mechanical problems by observing and listening to the pitch of the machinery.
* Routinely check safety devices, identifying and correcting any trouble that develops.
* Develop a strong customer service-oriented relationship with client, employees and managers.
* Solve client facilities-related problems.
* Conduct day-to-day activities necessary to provide for the safety and comfort of the facility occupants.
* Maintain a spare parts inventory to include maintenance & plumbing supplies, hardware, air filters, belts, motors, pumps, lights, ballast, fixtures and electrical supplies in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.
* Execute preventive maintenance programs to protect the value and extend the life of all facility equipment to insure cost-effective operation.
* Report all equipment failures to your supervisor.
* Report all potential liability situations to supervisor.
* When scheduled, maintain on-call status 24-hrs daily for immediate action pertaining to critical systems failure.
* Maintain and complete daily inspections on company-owned or leased vehicles, equipment and tools before each use.
* Report all emergency situations to client and to C&W SERVICES management.
* Exhibit good personal grooming, including proper maintenance of company uniforms.
* Practice client security regulations and procedures.
* Provide project supervision of subcontractors.
* Assist in the recording and updating of project status reports
* Assist in the soliciting proposals as necessary on-site.
- Complete quarterly training assignments that is identified in the structured personal developed plan.
- Complete an approved craft self-assessment within 30 days of signature date
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
Completion of an applicable technical training program
* Inspect critical systems for proper operation and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
* Where required use equipment logs located on the equipment to record findings.
* Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals.
* Performs other related duties as required or requested.
* Maintain assigned tools and equipment in clean, proper working condition; notify Supervisor in the event an assigned tool is found to be or becomes defective.
* Ensure compliance with all company and customer policies, regulations, and procedures.
* Effectively communicate in a positive, proactive manner with all team members, customer employees, and vendors; demonstrate a team and teamwork values.
* Participate in the continuous improvement process.
* Logging daily maintenance performance in detail into our (CMMS) Computer Maintenance Management System.
* Perform scheduled preventative & predictive maintenance at all assign locations.
* Report all deficiencies, material required and actual quantities used.
* Meet all physical requirements for this job as described below.
* Education: High School Diploma or approved GED
* 3 years experience demonstrating a mechanical aptitude acquired through previous job experience or vocational schooling. Includes a working knowledge of the following skills: use of hand and power tools, minor plumbing/pipefitting, minor electrical work, minor carpentry work, blueprint reading, mathematics and facility equipment operation.
* 3-5 Years experience with a refrigerant recovery license and HVAC certification is required.
* Must demonstrate the ability to operate a company vehicle in a safe manner and hold a valid state drivers license with a clean driving record
* Must also pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator when required by the job. A full range of body motion is required, including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or forklift. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; possible fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, and to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is and can be very loud.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.