Job Description Summary
Duties will include (but not limited to) assisting crew technicians in the installation, maintenance, operation and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment relating to HVAC systems; inspecting all HVAC, mechanical, and electrical equipment controls, gauges, distribution panels and other equipment components to ensure proper operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must train and respond to plant emergency issues within the guidelines of the PEO (Plant Emergency Operations).
- Maintain all facilities HVAC and HVAC facilities service and Utility systems in support of 24*7 operation of a high volume diesel engine manufacturing plant.
- Perform multi-craft tasks associated with HVAC maintenance.
- Participate in preventive maintenance and maintenance duties such as filtration system changes, greasing and oiling of motors, gears, etc.
- Inspect and adjust belts and pulleys. Replace bearings and perform other building, system and equipment repairs.
- Handle preventive maintenance and equipment downtime situations and procedures
- Identify the root cause of problems and countermeasures to prevent recurrence.
- Perform repairs to and PM's on pumps, conveying systems, piping, etc.
- Must lead the daily turnover meetings and make necessary log entries.(as required)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must maintain positive customer and employee relationships (communications with all)
- Respond to customer calls.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to demonstrate the use of hand/power tools
- Accurate and timely administrative duties to include Time off request forms (turned into manager for signature).
- Fill out materials request form as needed.
- Check off materials from packing slip when received orders.
- Daily checks on jobs in progress & completed jobs. (as documented in Facility 360 ).
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Assist in keeping facilities, tools, and equipment in good order and clean.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a universal certification required under section 608 of the Clean Air Act from the State Board of Refrigeration Examiners.
This position requires successful completion of a pre-employment physical exam. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Employee must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. The employee will participate in the development and writing of PM's and work procedures.
A valid driver's license is required to obtain a Customer Mobile Equipment License.
- Able to operate a folk lift
- Able to operate man-lifts
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. The employee will be able to work from elevated areas such as ladders, scaffolds, and platforms.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.