Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Facilities Operations LC
Campus: Lincoln Center (LC) - NYC
The Refrigeration Engineer operates physical plant equipment and preforms repairs on all building systems.
· Operates and maintains HVAC central plant equipment, including chillers, absorbers, diesel generators, low-pressure boilers, and associated equipment.
· Stands watch mechanic tour monitoring engineering plant, maintains required logs. Monitors pressure, temperatures, and other equipment parameters; performs preventative maintenance and repair on HVAC systems and associated equipment. Answer all general repair service calls for campus.
· Monitors, troubleshoots, and maintains control system, including pneumatic, Direct Digital Control and hybrid system. Makes changes and monitors building management computer system.
· Repairs and maintains other mechanical and physical plant systems, including motors, pumps, valves, steam operated equipment, air fillers, belts, and other related plant equipment.
· Performs other duties as assigned, including general maintenance and repair campus wide.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Valid and active NYC Refrigeration System Operator's License and EPACFC Certification.
· NYC Sprinkler and Standpipe and Fire Alarm Certificate required or must complete within six (6) months of hiring
· Minimum five (5) years in AC and refrigeration repair and service, and a knowledge of digital and pneumatic controls
· Ability to follow written instructions (work orders), read assembly schematics with an emphasis on learning equipment repairs
· Must know how to use hand and power tools, gauges, refrigeration recovery equipment, computers, ladders and other tools and equipment typical to this position
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.