Control Air Enterprises LLC is looking to hire an organized, timely, and respectful project engineer with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management. The project engineer must have short and long term processing abilities and demonstrate their ability to understand and comply with company, project, contractual requirements, and to provide clear and accurate documentation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in managing large & complex HVAC construction projects.
• Assist in managing subcontractor scope and performance of contractual requirements.
• Assist in tracking field installation.
• Organize, file, and track all project coordination and correspondence.
• Accurate documentation to successfully track projects, including submittals, schedules, schedule
of values, billings, RFI’s (requests for information), requests for change orders, change orders,
project start-up and close-out (including timely processing of O&M’s and “as-built” packages).
• Learn all software programs utilized in the day-to-day business operations of the company.
Basis of Evaluation:
• Projects consistently meet or exceed expected profit objectives.
• Effective control of deliveries to coincide with schedules and progress billing.
• Timely review, approval, and submission of RFI's, requests for change orders, and change
• Timeliness and accuracy of submittals, project turnover and start-up packages.
• Proper documentation of all projects reflecting the flow of the project.
• Maintain and grow Control Air’s customer satisfaction and reputation.
• Must have a strong work ethic and a “can-do” problem solving attitude.
• Must be an excellent listener and communicator.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Bluebeam, Adobe editing, ACAD training is an advantage.
• Experience in mechanical contracting is desired but not necessary.
• Bachelor degree (or pursuing if applying for a Summer internship) in a Construction related profession or similar is required.
• Must present a strong, confident, and professional image.
• Must be able to commute to different jobsites within the San Francisco Bay area.
Benefits include the following:
• Competitive wage (doe).
• Medical and dental benefits.
• 401k retirement plan.
• Life Insurance.
• Long Term Disability Insurance.
• FSA & extra insurance.
• Paid holidays.
• Paid vacation.
• Paid sick time.
Let’s be honest- life is too short to work at job that you don’t love. So, do something about it! Come be a part of our team and work with us on industry defining projects. We are a family of passionate people, who are smart and kind, and have some pretty amazing skills. We love what we do, and love being California’s Homegrown Mechanical Experts.
A little bit about us. We have been in business for over 42 years, are a full mechanical contracting firm specializing in Major Construction, Tenant Improvement, Industrial, Plumbing, Retrofit, Service, Controls, Energy Commissioning and Detailing. Our divisions can handle a wide range of projects and services that include Design Build, Design Assist and Plan & Spec for facilities in the Medical, Entertainment, Laboratory, Hotel, Resort, Office, Government, Education, Civic and Commercial industries. Oh, we are also 100% employed owned (ESOP), have over 1,000 family members, and have one of the largest fabrication shops in California. Our office is in Hayward, CA with corporate headquarters in Southern California (Anaheim - just south of Los Angeles).