Flex/Associate Veterinarian: Part Time, Full Time, or Job-Share Positions (Tribeca) Compensation: up to 150K+ depending on Level of Experience + Benefits. Employment type: Flexible Part Time, Full Time AND Job-Shares Welcome! Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM, VMD or Equivalent, with NYS licensure).
Tribeca Veterinary Wellness is a wonderful place to work with great pay and benefits, a collaborative, fun and supportive culture, time to practice the best way you can, and awesome clients who let you do what you need for their pets!
A Warm Welcome to our Dear Future Colleagues!
- Do you want to work in a kind and friendly environment dedicated to preserving the wellbeing of Veterinarians, Veterinary Teams and Pets?
- Remember how well and how thoroughly you thought you could practice Veterinary Medicine and help pets and their owners when you first wished you could become a Veterinarian? What if that Dream could still be REAL?
These are the questions Tribeca Veterinary Wellness has asked during our formation, and we believe we can resoundingly answer positively, YES!!
- What if the ENTIRE team you worked with believed in ourselves the same way and could support each other the way we know we can when we are well cared for ourselves?
- Do you want to do your best for one pet at a time, and ACTUALLY be given the necessary time during your appointments to be truly pro-active in their well-being, teaching your clients to learn to recognize early and even prevent issues instead of always having to *react* to them and everyone becoming frustrated with the process? Again, YES!
- Do you want to be able to practice the best way you know how, the way you learned it should be in Veterinary School, to be able to be both an excellent Doctor and leader of pet wellness AND feel good about yourself at the end of each day? Again, YES!
Then reach out to contact us and experience firsthand what we have to offer, Including:
- One Appointment Scheduled per Hour!
- Mentorship for Dentistry and Routine Outpatient Surgery, Dentistry Specialist for Advanced Procedures(Organized one-on-one Training with a Board-Eligible (soon-to-be-Boarded!) Dentistry Specialist is available.)
- True Mentorship and “Phone-a-Friend” Responsiveness of Practice Chief/Owner also for GP, Internal Medicine and Outpatient Care.
- Practice Culture which encourages referral when needed (with our curated coordination and follow-up care).
- All Anesthetic Patients have a 100% dedicated Nurse for Anesthetic Monitoring and Recovery (Not the same nurse who is performing Dental Radiographs, Ultrasonic Scaling/Polishing).
- All Dentistry extractions and surgical procedures performed by Veterinarian only!
- No Anesthesia of Brachycephalic Breeds unless their airway issues have been surgically evaluated and corrected as much as possible at a reputable referral hospital.
- Get enough sleep to be well rested for your day with No After-Hours Emergency “On-call” or Phone Calls!
- Start the day off right with No Overnight Patients to SOAP in the mornings!
- We are Well-stocked for a good Coffee/Tea Culture: Espresso, Lattes, Tea, Seltzer, Boba.
- Fun! Science Nerds who can finally be cool and awesome together!
- Life-work balance not dependent upon you cramming in “5 minutes of power-mediation” to cope.
- Plenty of recommendations for NYC based fun for your off-time if you need them!
- Bright, beautiful hospital with lots of sun right on the Hudson River!
- Health Care (Yes, it IS #1, but we shouldn't have to think about it, right?)
- Dental and Vision
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacay!)
- 401k with 4% Match
- Employee Discount
- CE Allowance
- NY State/City VMS Dues
- AVMA Dues
- VIN Membership and Plumb’s Access
- Commuting allowance
- Relocation assistance or sign-on for the right candidate (with commitment)
- Loan Payment assistance
Tribeca Veterinary Wellness, open since 2017, is a truly Independent Veterinary Hospital, led by a Veterinarian with 25 years of Private, Independent Practice and NYC Veterinary Experience. We are so happy to be ready to welcome a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine into our special practice culture!
Our Tribeca Veterinary Wellness Team knows we are each integral parts of a team, partnering together with owners and all caring for their beloved pets, to help ensure the best possible wellness for each cat and dog. Listening carefully with empathy to concerns expressed for each patient proves, time and again, to be the most useful diagnostic tool. Supporting this core with state-of-the-art veterinary diagnostic, medical and surgical care, we foster open communication with our clients, engaging all in our progressive knowledge base, both for guidance of health and advanced care. Preservation of the bond between animals and people is our utmost charge and care, which we honor with reverence and respect.
- Our clientele is educated and cultivated in growing to understand the need for thorough works-up rather than empirical treatment.
- We have the luxury of a clientele who both value and can afford us to practice top-quality and top-service Veterinary Medicine!
- All-Nurse Support Staff greatly reduces client stress, increases client value of nurses, increases Nurses’ patient investment and involvement, and allows most phone calls from clients to be addressed in the moment.
- Our serene hospital is proud to offer gracious, modern and full service Veterinary Patient Care to our clients, for both their canine and feline companions, as well as a nurturing and fulfilling work environment for our team!
- Comprehensive Canine and Feline Wellness Care for all our patients to build upon a solid foundation for health care and Preventative Wellness.
- Canine and Feline Care, Diet and Weight Management, Setting up Proper Expectations for Lifelong Dentistry Care, Yearly Wellness Lab Work
- We believe nuances of History-taking are essential in gathering the needed information to fully understand what we are trying to discover, diagnose and treat!
- Progressive Practice, no “Knee-Jerk” Medicine:
- We maintain an ear infection is not a Mometamax deficiency and diarrhea is not a Metronidazole deficiency! If we want our clients to understand these points, we need to be able to take the time for them to understand what we know!
- We have a Western Medicine Focus, but we rarely prescribe Antibiotics, especially for conditions considered to need long term management (Allergies, Otitis, etc…), preferring to teach owners good husbandry practices to avoid antibiotic resistance!
- We have an All-Nurse Support Staff! All are either Licensed Technicians, on the way to becoming Licensed Technicians, or carefully hand-picked Nurse Assistants with keen interest and skills we help develop for our patients’ needs.
- This means we have no receptionists. What? Yep!
- Our Nurses care for our clients from initial email/phone call through discharge!
- Each patient has a Lead Nurse for the entire day of their visit, establishing the primary point of contact, creating comfort for clients, creating continuity, and eliminating risk of something slipping through the cracks!
- Having one confluent Nursing Team, rather than a “Front” and “Back” Staff, reduces miscommunication and eliminates competing interests of two distinct halves of a team.
- It’s #am-ah-zing !
- Veterinarians are working with 3 nurses at all times!
- We work with AMC, Blue Pearl, VERG and a few other specialty practices for our After-Hours Emergency Patients and specialized Medicine and Surgery Referrals.
- Some experience is necessary; we understand this is highly variable and completely dependent on the individual!
- Some Veterinarians have had a lot of familiarity and working practice experience before entering Veterinary School, others have Internship experience, each person is unique and valued for what they have to bring to our practice.
- Internships or other Advanced Training can be very impactful, yet most important to us are finding Affable and Naturally Responsible team members to help reinforce our positive, work culture and the team spirit at our core!
- Curious Exploration of Medical Issues, Detective Work, Independent Thinking, taking Ivory tower concepts and applying them to Creative Problem Solving, Learn and Teach Culture, Collaboration Culture,
- Advancing our Culture of Understanding our role in Veterinary Medicine: helping you to realize your ability and power to have a real and positive impact on our patient’s lives, both through Longevity and Quality of Life.
- Experience or a keen interest in learning Dentistry is highly valued!
- Salary commensurate with both experience and working days/hours.
Modern and Progressive Ideas and Ideals:
- Vet Moms welcome!
- Creative solutions for working hours and days both welcome and explored together!
- JOB SHARE WELCOME:
(Progressive Ideas Valued!) If you have a trusted colleague you feel you would want to continue to work with in a Job-share situation, favoring personal time over the traditional work week, come to us with your pair!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to creating and fostering a workplace with diversity of all types: kind people of all genders, ethnicities, cultures, backgrounds and life-experiences are welcome! Not only do we believe this is fair employment practice, we have found in our diversity the true strength of a varied, yet complementary and collaborative life and work experience!
- Curbside Drop off and Pick Up of Patients during Covid-Risk Periods (To keep everyone safe and our team well (and present!) to care for our patients.).
- Vaccination and Boosters for both Covid-19 and Influenza are required for Employment.
We’d love to have a chat with you and/or take you on a tour of your potential new workplace! We will email a personal reply within 24 hours on most weekdays and within 48-72 hours on the weekend. (You will also receive an automated reply.)
We look forward to hearing from and meeting you!
Jennifer B. Berg, DVM
Job Types: Part Time, Full Time, or Job-Share Positions (Tribeca)
Tribeca Veterinary Wellness knows we are integral parts of a team, partnering together with owners and all caring for their beloved pets, to help ensure the best possible wellness for each cat and dog. Listening carefully with empathy to concerns expressed for each patient proves, time and again, to be the most useful diagnostic tool. Supporting this core with state-of-the-art veterinary diagnostic, medical and surgical care, we foster open communication with our clients, engaging all in our progressive knowledge base, both for guidance of health and advanced care. Preservation of the bond between animals and people is our utmost charge and care, which we honour with reverence and respect.